Chapter 46: THE ARGUMENT

Anushka's POV:
Indian team has become the world champions and the love showered on the team by the fans was unimaginable. People rallied on streets cheering and hooting for the team. Mumbai's every road was jammed because of the huge numbers of people gathered to celebrate the world cup victory. This all was so overwhelming and it's safe to say that the excitement and happiness in people is still the same even when it's been a week to that final match. Yes, It's been a week and the team has returned from Dubai. We were offered a grand welcome at the airport followed by a huge party by BCCI. Amidst all this celebration we also got to meet Ritika and she is an amazing personality. Ro and Ritika compliments each other so well and their love was evident in their eyes. We all made her the part of the team and now she is also a part of our big and happy family. This last week has been all about celebration and happiness and for me the highlight is the glowing face of my Vee. He has been so happy since that final and I wish that his happiness never fades. That's the reason, I am hesitating to talk to him about something important. I know he might get upset or not like what I tell him but it's important. I'll have to find a suitable chance to disclose the news to him. The next series will be a 5 match T20 series against New Zealand starting after 3 days. Let's hope that I get the chance to tell him about my decision.

Third person POV:
Virat and Anushka along with the whole team was in ground for regular practice sessions. Anushka was lost in her thoughts about when to tell Virat the important news. As Virat and team entered the locker room after their practice session, Anushka decided to finally tell Virat.
"Vee, I need to talk to you." Anushka said to Virat who was seated with other teammates who looked with teasing eyes towards both of them.
"Okay, Come.." Virat said standing and moving to a side.
"Ohho, Private talks" Hardik teased.
"What are you guys discussing? Family planning" This was Ro teasing his best friends.
"Shut up guys, atleast let us talk" Anushka tried to make the crazy people silent but it's never too easy to make them quiet.
"Are don't disturb them. Let them discuss.. Tbhi to hm chachu banege" Jaddu joined the teasing too.
"Nushkie, you talk, they are not going to stop anyways" Virat suggested ignoring the thousand more jokes.
"Leave it Vee. I'll talk about it later. They'll tease us to death otherwise." Anushka said and they both finally made their way towards the team.
The next two days also flied away and Anushka didn't get her chance to talk to Virat. Either he used to be with the coaches and support staff discussing his strategies and techniques or busy practicing. And during meals, they both used to be with the team. Anushka knew that she will have to tell about her decision to the team eventually, but she wanted to talk to Virat first. The series had 5 T20s all at the same venue and just one day gap after every match.
The series didn't go as India would've wanted. India lost the series by 4-1 and fans were utterly disappointed. Virat had a hard time with the bat in the whole series. He couldn't even reach the double figure in any match and ended up scoring just 42 runs in 5 matches with an average of 8. He was feeling very low because of this performance. After continuous brilliant performance, haters were waiting for an opportunity to pull Virat down and they made Anushka their target. She was being mercilessly trolled. Team was shocked that how just after a series, people forgot that Virat is the same player who took the team to the world cup win. The worst was that people were trolling and bashing Anushka just because she was Virat's girlfriend. The headlines, tweets and news were hurtful and disturbing to no bounds.

"This is what happens when BCCI starts providing girlfriends along with salary..."

"Virat can't make Anushka wait thus he is going to the dressing room as soon as he can"

"BCCI should rethink their decision of appointing a girl for male cricketers. This is how girls ruin careers by distracting"

"Anushka Sharma should be suspended immediately. She is here to manage the boys not to romance and distract them"