Chapter 6: FINALLY ACCEPTED

Virat's POV:
We were going to the room when Mahi bhai signalled me to walk with him. I went to him as he was behind everyone and I knew he has something to talk to me.
"So, how is our new manager?" he asked. I didn't know what to answer but I will be true to him as usual.
"She is good. I mean, hardworking hai, confident hai, talented bhi hai. And she is good with all the players too" I said whatever I felt.
"Ohkay..And what about her behaviour with you. I mean, u were too rude with her, you have to admit that but she was still very friendly.. Right?" Mahi bhai asked as if he wants to know more.
"Yeah, I liked that she held nothing against me. She is friendly."
"So, you still think we shouldn't get along with her or shouldn't treat her as team member?" Mahi bhai asked me and I was too confused to answer this question. I mean, how can I change my decision within a day of meeting her but I was also sure that she is nothing like Dubey.
Mahi bhai as usual read my mind and tried to clear the mess I have created in my head.
"Cheeku don't you think, it's also tough for her to work in a completely new workplace and that too when she has no idea what cricket is. She even don't know how famous we are but still she is very friendly and welcoming, that means she is not faking anything. Don't you think we should also welcome her to the team? Doesn't she throughly deserves this position? I mean, she looks a great addition to our already amazing team, Right? So, why not give it a go...and if God forbids, anything happens then we are here, together, we'll deal with it. We can't judge ppl bcz of what happened in the past.... Other than that, it's still upto you.."
I got what Mahi bhai said and he was nowhere wrong. Maybe my protective nature took over me and I overreacted. Atleast she deserves a normal behaviour if not welcoming. I just nodded and he got what I was thinking. I decided to keep the past in the past and behave normally with Anushka.

Anushka POV:
I was in the room with the team members and they were crazy. They all jumped over the bed as if breaking it was their only motive. There were one large couch and a small one in the room. Some sane members sat on the couch while the other were still dog piled on the bed. Just then, I saw Mahi sir and Virat walking into the room, and they didn't even gave a shocking reaction to the bunch of boys on the bed as if it is the most normal thing to see. Mahi Sir came to me and just put his one arm over my shoulder and slowly whispered "I know they are crazy and I feel sorry that u have to deal with these monkeys. Good luck" I chuckled on what he said and felt very happy that finally they are considering me a part of the group. Till the time I was out of my thoughts, Virat was also a part of the crazy bunch and was having fun with them. I was good to see that he is comfortable being himself in my presence bcz his uneasiness due to my presence since morning didn't go unnoticed by me. I sat on the small couch and was preparing schedules for tomorrow when Virat casually came and sat beside me on the couch. I mean is he the same person who was not even passing a smile and was behaving all serious? Whatever, but I was relieved that he is okay with my presence.

Third person POV:
Virat and Anushka were sitting on the same small couch busy in their respective phones when Hari who is the media manager of the team said "Are guys, listen.. There are lots of messages by the fans asking if Anushka is the new manager or it is someone else.."
"How do they know Anushka?" Rohit asked the obvious question as none of the team member checks the mentions, news, hastags or the trendings.
"Are, Anushka is no less than a celebrity in the business world, She has 40M followers on Instagram and has been a part of very famous Indian companies. She is constantly in news regarding her work, it's just that you guys don't read news." As Hari finished, all the members looked surprised and Anushka was the centre of their gaze.
"Wow Anushka, you managed to gain fame in a profession that doesn't come in public eye so often, Kudos" Mahi said.
"It's nothing like that sir. It's only on social media, I am not someone who gets papped and I am away from all these media limelights other than award nights. And I am very happy about it. Half of my followers are from business world also." Anushka clarified.
"Okay, now may I talk, if u guys allow?" Hari asked. And they all nodded.
"So, the fans are excited and everyone wants to know about our new manager as it is hyped bcz of previous incident. So, i will post photos of morning and from the lunch as well. So, help me choose" Hari even didn't finished and he was surrounded by the players to choose the pics...So, Mahi being the intelligent one adviced Hari to send photos on the team group so that they don't surround him. There were chaos but they managed to choose one amazing photo. Hardik asked Anushka for her insta handle and suddenly she was followed by everyone sitting in the room. She also followed everyone back. Mahi bhai added her to the team group and this way the numbers were exchanged. Hari posted the pic confirming the addition of Anushka to the team.

And again, the news articles starts flooding in

"So, the famous personality who is the manager of team India is Anushka Sharma"

" The young Anushka Sharma has been appointed as the new manager, fans are happy"

"Twitter is going crazy after official clarification of Anushka Sharma to be the new manager"

"Who is Anushka Sharma? Find out more about the new manager of team India"

"Okay guys. It was a great day. I will message you all about your tomorrow's schedule by night. Mahi Sir, May I leave?" Anushka asked and Mahi bhai came towards her and said "You can't, till the time you keep calling me Sir." and anushka was confused.
Virat came to her rescue and said "He wants you to call him Bhai and not sir."
Anushka just looked for confirmation towards Mahi bhai.
"Ha yrr, bhot hogya Sir, sir..Now, call me bhai. Afterall you are a part of this bunch. Call me bhai or else you are not going home" Mahi bhai explained.
And Anushka was very happy to be accepted and happily called him Bhai. "Okay, Mahi bhai....and Rohit sir, can you please meassage me about the brands you endorse. I couldn't find your list."
"Are yrr, hme sir bolke buddha mat bnao, call us all by our names. And I will send you the list but please message me, otherwise I will forget" Rohit said
"Okay, Rohit. I will message you. Bye everyone"
And this way anushka was back to her house with a happy heart.

Anushka's POV:
So, I am back home and must say, that I had a great day and that because of the ppl I interacted with. Everyone in the team is amazing and I felt a part of them, other than the times, I noticed virat's glares at me. I don't know what were those glares for, but he also behaved normally in the end. I prepared everyone's schedule for tomorrow and sent them and then had a light dinner. I am tired as hell now, so I just want my bed but before I could be in my dreamland I heard my phone beep. I saw that it was Instagram notifications that Mahi bhai and Virat tagged me in their posts.
I opened their posts one by one and Virat's post caught my eye. "i hope we will have great time working together" , wasn't this the same thing I told him in the morning and he replied rudely...Does this person have multipersonality disorder or what? Whatever but now, my sleep took over me and I just drifted into a satisfying sleep.

******************************************************
Good morning readers🤩..Hope you all are doing good✨
So, here goes the next chapter and finally the first day ended. Did you like how things went?😇
Drop some suggestions and views in the comments. Vote if you loved the chapter❤️
Keep reading, Stay happy 🌟