Chapter 13: THE BEST DANCE

Third person POV:
Virat looked at Anushka and was mesmerized. He couldn't move his eyes from her. He didn't even realise that he was literally staring at her and when he realised, he mentally slapped himself and came back to his senses.
"Hi Anushka, you look great" said mahi hugging Anushka.
"Anushka yarr, tune yha ladko ko behos krne ka plan kiya hai kya?" said Rohit giving a side hug to Anushka.
"Anushka, Glad to finally meet you. I have heard a lot from Mahi about you and he is all praise for you" said Sakshi.
"My pleasure mam. I also wanted to meet you all for so long. Finally, we could meet." Anushka replied.
"Mahi ko Bhai, or mujhe mam....kya yrr, phle hi hme paraya kr diya... Call me Bhabhi or Sakshi"
"Okay bhabhi..." Anushka then hugged Prithi and Reeva too and had an introduction session.
"Where is Ziva, Bhabhi?" asked Virat
"Ya, she is an important part of the team. I need to meet her too" Anushka continued.
"Are, she slept just before we were about to leave thus we had to leave her home with her grandma." replied Mahi
"Oh..." Anushka said.
After this, the girl gang was having great time together and Anushka was looking like their long lost friend. The boys were also having some amazing masti when Arnav and Anushka's mom entered the venue.
Anushka saw them and moved towards them grabbing the attention of the whole team. She hugged both and then those three made their way towards the team. Anushka's mom introduced herself and all the players touched her feet impressing her. And then met Arnav one by one.
"Aunty you look so tired, should we arrange something" asked Rahul.
"No no.. it's okay.. Actually, work pressure leads to tiredness. Nothing more." saids Anushka's mom.
"Mumma, you could have told me. Why did you trouble yourself for attending this function if you were tired?" Anushka said with concern.
"How can I miss to see my princess getting to the heights of success. These are the moments I live for, to see my kids happy and I can't afford to miss to meet these stars..Right??" said the cool mom.
"Are Aunty, don't call us stars or something. Even we were pretty excited to meet you. Afterall we have a lot to complaint about Anushka" said Virat making everyone laugh.
"Such a liar..I didn't do anything as such mumma.." Anushka explained.
"Can we pass judgement over this matter some other day..the court is adjourned for today" said Anushka's mom and everyone laughed.

Anushka's POV:
The party was quite amazing much to my surprise as i have always been to business parties where everyone just roam around with a wine glass in hand, plastering a fake smile on faces. Everyone claims each other to be their best friend while deep inside they want to trip the person the very next moment thus I was against the idea of a welcome party at first. But here, this world of these cricketers is much more real than the business world. They are having genuine smiles on their face, having fun, and it looks more like a family get together. The more I am spending time with these people, the more I am getting to know about them and their lives..though, I still don't know 0.00001% about cricket... This looks like a perfect day. My Mumma, My brother, My only friends, at one place celebrating for me..This can't be any better.
"Anushka, where are you lost?" asked Virat as he came and stood near me.
"Nothing,I was just wondering how fast the night changes. I mean, just a few weeks back, I had no clue about you guys, I even rejected this proposal then finally, took over this job having millions of questions in my mind.. whether I will be able to pull it off or not...And today I am here, with you guys who are now my friends, being a part of the group, admiring this cricketing world....This all is so crazy. Right?"
"Things were just meant to be this way, Anushka.. The only thing matters at the end of the day is 'Are you happy?'" said Virat in a very calming voice and his voice was giving me peace even in the middle of the whole chaos of the party. I nodded conveying a yes and just then the host of the evening started addressing the people in an excited tone.

"Hello Ladies and Gentleman, I hope all of you must be having a good time."
Everyone cheered.
"So, why not just double up the fun. I mean, Is it even a party without music and dance? So, let's not waste more time. Dj please tune into the music and let the fun begins" And with this, song started playing. Soon all the couples were on the dance floor and they were looking aww-dorable...
Kl and Hardik as usual managed to get partners. Yuzi and Kuldeep being the crazy one were dancing together. Even a girl came to Arnav asking for dance, yeah, I know my bhai is handsome ..Jassi asked Mom for dance... So, they all were on the floor and I was happily admiring them when Virat came and said
"Miss Sharma, this party is for you, and you are here standing alone."
"No actually, they all look so cute so just living the moment"
"It will be even better if you join them and become a part of the moment. So, will you mind dancing with me?" Virat asked extending his hand in front of me.
I smiled and put my hand in his and the next moment we were on the dance floor and the music changed to
"Dil diyaan Gallan"
I put my hand over his neck and he put his one hand over my waist and I don't know why but it gave me a different feeling altogether. We then held each other's other hand together. We danced and the moment for me seemed magical. We both were moving in a sync as if we have practiced a lot and the whole song ended in a blink as if the time has flied.

Virat's POV:
The song ended and we both moved to our respective places and me earning a teasing look from my teammates. This was my best dance ever but I couldn't find the reason. Let's not get too logical, bottom line is I had fun.
After a while, the host came back on the stage seeking everyone's attention.
"So guys, I hope you had good time and good moves on the dance floor. But before we all enjoy further let's meet the star of the evening. Right?
So, this party is to welcome and celebrate the presence of the new manager of Indian Men's National Cricket team. She is talented, deserving, determined, basically the absolute BEST in her field. All our cricket stars are all praise for her and she deserves it thoroughly. So, With the loudest cheers and thunder of claps I would love to call the very popular Anushka Sharma on stage to recieve the team badge.... Mam, please..." the host introduced Anushka and called her on stage and Anushka walked graciously there. Saurav Dada was already standing on the stage. He took the mic.
"Anushka, this is the badge we give to our every new team member. More than you deserve the badge, the badge deserves you. The first time I was told about you, I knew noone deserves this post other than you. Good luck girl. I hope you have some great time in the camp." Saurav Dada said and tucked the badge on her dress and blessed her. The host asked Anushka to say something.
"Thanks Dada..This badge is valuable and I will surely try my best at my job. And Our lovely host just praised me way too much." Anushka said.
"Nahi nahi, sahi boli wo" shouted our very own Pandya.
"Okay Hardik, I take it as compliment. I have lots to say. Starting from my hesitation to take this project, now I feel like a part of the group and I thank each one of the member for that. In such a less time, I have known that this team is a close knit family and they happily made me a part of this beautiful and strong family. I think, taking up this offer was one of my best decisions and I can't wait to experience what the whole journey has in store for me.
This is a big moment for me and my family. They have seen me in my highs and lows and stood beside me. It's my mom who always encourages me to take up challenges and work at my best potential. Arnav, Thank you for being with me and supporting me unconditionally, I couldn't have overcome some incidents without you. Mumma, I love you and I promise to always be true to my work as you have taught me.
Lastly, to the team and the board, Till the time I work for the team, I assure you that I will do my best for the team. So, cheers for this journey that we have started and hopefully will continue. Thank you" Anushka ended her speech and everything she said I felt it. I know, how much her family supports her and it felt even better to know that she loves being part of the team as much as we do. She is a diamond for which we are very grateful.
The rest of party was awesome. We did Bhangra, had amazing conversations, had our food and then we all left for our places.
It was indeed a great party..

******************************************************

How's the update...🙃🙃
Vote and Comment if you liked✨
Keep reading, Stay happy 😁