Chapter 18: FUN BEFORE FLIGHT

Third person POV:
Anushka came with a lots of headphones with her. And gave one to everyone.
“So, the transistor attached to this headphone has 4 DJs. you can tune to your favourite and you will have a full party feel. So, dance your heart out guys” Anushka said and the players faces suddenly glowed up. A mini party that too with just the team players and that too with your favourite songs. This is what everyone crave for.
“Anushka yarr you are the best” said Ro.
“Ha di, this idea is just amazing” said Shreyas and they all hugged her.
Mahi bhai refused for once but when they all requested he agreed to join. Anushka turned on the Dj lights which she arranged for and they all put the headphones on. They started dancing like crazy and were having unlimited fun. Anushka's mom was seeing all this from a distance and decided to shoot video. The team danced their hearts out. When “Oh ho ho ho” played, they all tuned on the same channel and did their mastii. They haven't had such fun for a long time now. After continuously dancing for 45 minutes, they decided to stop.
“Are yr, kitna maza aaya.. Felt like it was Ro's sangeet” Virat said and Rohit hit him with a pillow.
“I won't let you guys dance like this in my sangeet. You will scare the shit out of my fiance.” Ro said seriously making the whole team laugh.
“Seriously Anushka, this was such a great idea. You are a genius” said Mahi bhai.
“Okay now you all are sweating profusely. So, go and dry yourself up. I will serve snacks by then.” Anushka said showing them the way to bathroom.
“Snacks bhi hai.Waah Waah Waah..” said Ro.
“Ro will have fun eating snacks more than he had in the dance. Bhukkad” said Virat earning a punch in his stomach.
Anushka, Arnav and their mom served the snacks. The team came back to the hall and started having snacks.
Then a new voice came from the main entrance of the house and everyone present in the hall shifted their attention towards it.
“Surprise, Here I am.” A cute teenage girl around 18-19 years of age stood at the door with one travel bag in her hand.
“Kiara!!!” Anushka said and by now she was having moist eyes. The team was still not getting the scene.
The girl came running to Anushka and hugged her tightly and tears were spilling out of Anushka's eyes during the whole time.
“Di, I missed you so much. And what is this? Why these tears? I need to see your beautiful smile.” said the girl and Anushka smiled.
“Kiara, how are you? How are you here? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? Why are not answering?” said Anushka all in one go.
“Anushka, she'll answer only if you let her” said Virat talking sense.
“Yeah di. Calm down. Firstly, I am absolutely fine and even better after meeting you. And I wanted to surprise you that's why I didn't tell you about my arrival.” Kiara said
“But, you told me you will come only after your results just for 2 days. Right? And your 12th grade results will be out next week. Right?” asked Anushka and Kiara gave a smile.
“Don't smile you idiot. Tell me” Anushka said hitting Kiara on her arm playfully.
“Are atleast let me meet Mumma and Bhaiya first. Where are they?” Kiara said.
“Mumma must be in kitchen and Arnav in his bathroom. We all danced for like 45 minutes before you arrived”
Anushka answered.
“Ohh. Shit I missed a mini party” as Kiara said Arnav came out of his room and got shocked seeing her and took her into a bone crushing hug. And then entered their mom who also hugged her with teary eyes.
“Before you guys shoot your questions. Let me tell you, I am absolutely fine and I thought of surprising you that's why didn't tell” said Kiara making everyone laugh on her antics. As Kiara, turned she saw the whole team. She was so excited about her surprise that she didn't notice their presence before.
“Oh my God, Are my eyes functioning properly? Am I dreaming? Are these Indian Cricketers in front of me?” she said and everyone including Anushka and her family were surprised.
“You know them? But you never watched cricket right?” asked Anushka
“Who doesn't know them. They are demi gods in India. And In US, Only cricket kept me entertained. So, I am a huge cricket fan now.” Kiara said and whole team smiled at her.
“Hi Kiara, We are so glad to meet you. And you'll be surprised but your Di is our manager. So, she is also a part of the Indian team now.” said MS and Kiara gave a surprised look.
“Wtf di. You never told me this.” said Kiara.
“Language young lady. And I didn't tell because all this while you were having your exams so I thought of not disturbing you” answered Anushka.
“Okay, now enough of this. Tell me how come you here? What's the update about your results?” asked Anushka in a bossy tone.
“Actually, they announced our result one week prior to the actual date. So, I got.....” Kiara said creating suspense.
“Don't kill me with suspense. Say it fast” Anushka said.
“I got 98%” Kiara said and Anushka's family hugged her and congratulated her. While all the teammates were shocked.
“And one more good news. The course I was about to enroll has its best institute in India only. But I was unsure whether I will get enough marks but now I can get admission there. So, I will be staying in Mumbai for the next 2 years atleast.” Kiara said making everyone happy.
“I can't tell you how happy I am. So proud of you. Sending you away from us in US for 6 years was worth it. I am very happy to finally have you here.” Anushka said.
“But what is this? Ek beti aati hai to doosri chali jaati hai?” said Anushka's mom with disappointment.
“Where's di going? I am not letting you go anywhere di. I am meeting you after whole 3 years, now you aren't going anywhere” said Kiara innocently.
“Actually, she is accompanying us to Australia.” said Virat.
“Kiara, it's just about one month. We will have lots of time together after that.” Anushka said consoling an upset Kiara.
“Okay, I will let go di only if you guys promise to win this series. The Kangaroos should know what team India is” Kiara said to the team. Virat came to her and side hugged her saying “Okay done, beautiful lady”.
The team finished their snacks and it was time to leave for airport.
Anushka hugged her family and got moist eyes. The team knew how hard it is for someone to go away from their loved ones for one whole month. They gave the family much needed privacy and sat in the team bus.
“Anushka, take care. Don't take too many painkillers to lessen the pain of the cramps.” Arnav said with concern.
“Okay but where are my chocolates. I won't survive my periods without them” Anushka said and Arnav handed her a box of chocolates. She bid her family bye and went to the team bus.

As the bus moved, harry suggested everyone to play truth or dare as he doesn't want anyone to sleep in the bus instead of flight. And this was the first time everyone agreed to him at once. MS ordered to remove the dare part as they were travelling and getting someone injured while dancing or mimicking in the moving bus is the last thing he wants. Harry spinned the water bottle and it was Ro under the scrutiny.
“So Ro tell me, aren't you stalking someone other than food on insta for past one week. Who's that?” asked Virat. Ro knew that he'll have to tell about it now.
“Yeah. There's a girl I found very pretty so I was just seeing her pics, not stalking” Ro said.
“Ro, that's called stalking only. And we are sure that she must be a girl. We are asking the name” Rahul said and Ro looked at Mahi bhai for help but he couldn't do anything.
“Her name is Ritika. I saw her pic one week back so I checked her account. Nothing more. And don't you guys dare do any stupidity on her social media handle.” Ro warned his crazy teammates.
“Relax Ro, there are thousands of Ritika over insta. So, they won't be able to do anything.” MS calmed Ro.
Now it was the turn to spin the bottle. The bottle stopped at Mahi.
“Mahi bhai, Who among the team is your favourite?” Anushka asked and the now the team had their eyes on Mahi.
“Say it Mahi bhai. I know it's me” said Harry.
“Shut up. You are not even in race. I am his favourite” said Ro.
“Huh... It's a known fact that it's me only” Said Cheeku and this thing continued for more than 2 minutes.
“Guys,Let me answer atleast. It is Anushka.....She is my favourite. I like sensible people, not mad ones” said Mahi and they all started sulking.
The next time the bottle stopped at Virat.
“Okay Virat. Tell us, have you done it? ”
“Noooo. I am a proud Virgin” said Virat in his ever enthu tone but lowered his voice as he saw Anushka getting embarrassed.
“Really? You were in a relationship with your ex for 3 long years. And you haven't done it.” Harry asked with shock.
“Everyone is not as desperate as you Mr Hardik Himanshu Pandya.” said Virat making everyone laugh.
The game went on and there were many secrets spilled like:
Rishab told that Virat is the favourite player among the juniors.
Jassi told that Ashwin's cricket talks bores him the most.
Yuzi told that he finds Rahul's sense of humour the worst.
Jaddu told that he is the one who spills secret to Sakshi bhabhi..
And the list goes on and on.
It was the last turn and the bottle stopped at Anushka. It was Harry's turn to ask question.
“Okay, so Anushka tell us about your love life. I mean, how many boyfriend have you had and such details”
“I have never been in a serious relationship in my life ever. Once in Japan, under peer pressure I said yes to a boy but we broke up within 15 days.” Anushka said and the very straightforward Harry again asked out of his curiousity.
“So, that mean you have never even kissed?” He asked while Mahi bhai glared at him.
“Well, you are right. I am away from all these things and even not ready for anything in near future” Anushka's last words didn't go well with Mahi so asked.
“Why Anushka? You are successful, loving and so caring. You deserve a partner who cares for you and loves you. Why are you blocking that path? Let love find you, girl” said Mahi with concern.
“No bhai, I don't think I am made for all this. And moreover I don't want to hurt my closed ones by going into a relationship” Anushka answered. Nobody understood what she meant but before they could ask, the bus halted as they have reached the airport.

******************************************************
Good noon guys❤️
Sorry for being late🙃
So, Kiara is the new entry😁😁
This is one of my most favourite chapter..💫
Enjoy, Vote and comment🤩
Keep reading, Stay happy😁