Chapter 17: SORTING THINGS OUT

At Anushka's place

Anushka's POV:
I woke up and today is my no-gym day. Yes, once in a week I skip gym so I opened my phone and there were missed calls from Mahi bhai and messages from Ro and Ash. I called Mahi bhai and he told me to see some articles. I saw the articles he sent me. What the fuck is this? Who the hell leaked this photo? And it was just a friendly hug, how to tell these media?
What a mess I m into. So stupid of media to assume and write anything and people really believe them.. This is the first time I am facing such problem. I was concerned about the fact how my Mumma will react to this? I know she hates relationships and this news will definitely piss her off. I went downstairs in my night suit only. I saw mumma and Arnav having breakfast. I didn't know whether they know about this or not.
"Good morning mumma... Good morning Arnav" they greeted me back and mumma even hugged me. They were all normal. Had mumma not read about this news? But the first thing she does in the morning is read newspaper. I couldn't play this riddle game for long so I asked straightforwardly.
"Mumma, did you read the news about me and Virat?"
And she nodded. What? She read and she is behaving all normal.
"So, mumma you don't have any problem with this?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Anushka, Is this true?"
"Absolutely not, mumma.."
"If this is false, then why should I worry. I know you both are good friends and there's nothing as such..so there's no point of thinking about this. " she said and agin continued.
"Anushka, this is the first time you have been through this situation. This will happen many more times. The person you work with and who are also your friends are Celebrities and Cricket stars so these fake news and rumours are bound to be spread. I don't care about them bcz I know my daughter and I believe you, not these stupid media articles. And I will advice you to also ignore these things and stay and enjoy with your friends." she said and the best thing I could do was hug her with all the love.
"Vse these media people are literally mad " Arnav said and I thought that he was taking my side.
"Hai na?" I said agreeing to him.
"vrna inhone soch bhi kaise liye itne handsome cricketer ki girlfriend tere jaisi chaudail hogi" he said and I wanted to kill him right at the spot. I ran behind him and mumma bid us goodbye amidst our mastii.

Virat's POV:
I stepped out of my car and moved towards Anushka's house which looked like a bungalow. I was about to enter when I spotted Aunty leaving. I didn't know how to face her, what was her reaction to the news, does she even know about the news? I greeted her good morning putting aside the thoughts.
"Good morning beta. Sorry mai to late ho rhi hu, Anuhska ghar p hi hai. See u next time" she said and left waving her hands. I think she still doesn't know. I moved inside the Sharma Mansion when I saw Anushka running after Arnav in her night suit. As soon as she saw me, she stopped.
"Thanks yrr, tumne bacha liya aaj. Vrna ye physcho to mujhe aaj maar hi deti" Arnav said to me and I laughed. He then took his bag and left for office.
"Are come in. Why are you standing there?" Anushka welcomed me in her luxurious home. We both sat on the couch in the hall. I was feeling very awkward, Ironic how I was the one who told not to get awkward last day.
"How come you so early, that too at my place?" anushka asked
"Actually Anushka, I am so sorry for all those bloody news articles. I didn't know how the hell they leaked that photo. I was the one to request you to accompany me and we landed in this mess." I said and she put a hand on mine.
"Calm down Virat. It's not your fault. And mind you, it was my idea of surprising you, you can't take the credit" she said with a smile and I too got relaxed.
"Are you really okay? You don't have to hide anything or pretend to me. Tell me if anything bothered you" I asked
"I am perfectly fine Virat. Yes, I got a little disturbed but Mumma cleared out everything. She put sense into me" As she said I asked her with surprise that does Aunty know about it? And she nodded and even told me what aunty feels about the whole situation. Now, I know where Anushka get this maturity and understanding from.
"So we are good right?" I asked her.
"We are as good as we were yesterday. Even stronger" Anushka said and we both smiled.
"Okay, you had your breakfast?" Anushka asked and I replied in a no.
"So let me get ready and then I will prepare it for both of us. And then we'll leave for the ground" she said.
"Till the time you get ready, I can prepare breakfast. What say?" I asked
"Who would miss a chance to have breakfast made by Virat Kohli?" such a drama queen she is. She ran upstairs after showing me the way to kitchen.
I prepared omelette and sandwiches for us both. I was making the last sandwich when she entered the kitchen all decked up.
"All done Mr. Kohli?"
"Yeah, but I have prepared tea, if you wanna have coffee, then tell me" I told her
"No no no. I am a chai person. Coffee only sometimes and to shoo away my sleep." she said and we had breakfast along with some light hearted conversations.
I was so happy to feel the same vibes as yesterday. Thankfully, this incident caused no harm to our brewing friendship.
We then made our way to ground as we have one practice session and then a late night flight.

Third person POV:
Virat-Anushka reached the ground together. The team knew about the whole incident but decided not to tease any of them as media has already created a hell lot of ruckus. So, they behaved as normal as they could. The team practiced and came back to dressing room after one short practice session and were all ready to leave.
"Guys, we have the flight at 10 pm and we have to reach airport at 8:30 pm. Where will all of us gather so the team bus can pick us up?" Anushka asked.
"At Harry's house as usual. Because his house is the closest to airport." said Rahul.
"Actually No Rahul. My house is even more closer to airport. So, How about we gather at my place?" Anushka asked.
"Absolutely no problem. These guys turn my house into a zoo. I'll be very happy if we gather at yours." said Harry earning a glare from the team.
"Okay. So we'll be at your place. Just Send us your address baccha." mahi bhai said.
"Please everyone mark your presence by 6 pm at my house. Please." Anushka requested
"Don't request them Anushka, order them" Mahi bhai said.
"Okay, we'll be but why this early?" asked Kuldeep.
"Traffic plus media and many more things. That's why to be on the safe side." Anushka said and the whole team agreed.
Everyone then moved to their respective houses.

Anushka's POV:
I reached home and today I'll be going to Australia for a whole month. After I finished my masters, I have never been away from mumma and Arnav for more than 2 days. I went to Mumma's room where she was managing her closet and hugged her from back. She knew why I was sad, she sat on the bed and I put my head on her lap and I lied on the bed.
"Anushka, What happened? All okay na" Mumma asked. A tear slipped out of my eyes.
"I know why are you sad my doll. But you need not be. As you'll progress in your career, you'll have to travel more and more. And atleast you are going with your friends, so lift your mood." said mumma who herself was trying to control her tears. I stayed like that for some more time when Arnav entered the room.
"What's this maa-beti milaap for?" he as usual started his nonsense.
"Don't ruin our moment you monkey. Go" Arnav didn't care about what I said and jumped over the bed and put his head on my stomach. As his head hit my stomach, I exclaimed "Oouch". Mumma and Arnav both heard it.
"What happened Anushka?" Arnav asked out of concern.
"Nothing, I was just having a stomach ache from morning" I answered
"Are you experiencing premenstrual pain? Is this pain because of that?" Arnav asked as he know how I go through these days every month. Even before my periods starts, I get these cramps. Periods is not a tabboo in our house so we discuss it just like other topics. Mumma and Arnav know that I experience the world's worst and painful cramps on the first two days. I told them that they are right and I will be away from them when experiencing the painful cramps. Arnav took me into a hug. I know he is a monkey but he cares a lot about me, he even asked me to postpone the matches for a week. It's stupid but I love when he cares so much about me. Mumma told me that she has already packed my luggage and ordered me to take a nap for 2-3 hours. I requested Arnav to take me to my room on his back, he denied but then gave up and accepted my requested. I slept and woke up at 5 in the evening. I went downstairs and asked mumma to do some arrangements for snacks. I know that the team usually have their snacks around 6-7 in the evening so I thought of doing this. I went to my room and got dressed in a jumpsuit. I went to the main hall and the driver of the team bus came to me and informed that there is no traffic and we can easily reach the airport in less than 1 hour. So, that gives the team around 1:30 hour here. I planned something and by the time I finished, Mahi bhai entered along with Rishab, Shreyas, Yuzi, Kuldeep, Ash and Jaddu. I greeted them and they met Arnav and mom. Just the time they sat on the couch..Virat, Ro, Jassi, Bhuvi, Rahul, Harry, Shikhar also entered. The pleasantries were shared and we were all seated on the sofa's in the hall when Hardik said "Yrr, this rest is the worst thing. Now, we won't be tired so we won't be able to sleep in the flight and we'll suffer heavy jetlag tomorrow."..
"Ya and this happens everytime. Bcz of preparation and packing we can't practice for full day and thus doesn't get tired and that result in sleepless flight" Rah also said with disappointment.
"Cheer up guys. I have a plan." I said and they all looked at me.
"What plans? Does this problem also have any solution?" asked Virat.
"Just wait" I went inside while they all waited.

******************************************************
Hello readers..Hope you love this update...
🤩
I have discussed about periods openly in my book because I don't think there is anything to hide or to be kept a mystery 💫
If any of you didn't like it, sorry for the discomfort...
🙌
And one more thing, there will be a new entry in the next update...Any idea who is it?
🤔
Vote and Comment please.. They are the real motivation
❤️
Keep reading, Stay happy
😁