Chapter 41: IPL SEASON ENDS

Next day:
The day started usually, Virat and Anushka having fun in the gym and then Virat went for practice and Anushka again got busy in her work. She talked with her family, to be particular consoled an upset Kiara who was sulking because Anushka didn't take her along for IPL matches. She then had lunch with Danielle and then played with little AB and all she concluded after that playing session was that she loves AB junior more than Virat and texted the same to Virat also who replied with crying emojis. The day passed like this and it was 7 in the evening when Virat entered Anushka's room.
“Hii Veeee.” Anushka said taking Virat in a hug.
“Hello. How was your day?” Virat asked settling on Anushka's bed.
“Very usual. Work, video call with family, lunch with Dani and AB junior. How about you?” Anushka asked settling beside Virat and wrapping duvet around them.
“Very usual for me too. Practice and Practice all the day. ” Virat answered.
“Ohh. So, must be tired”
“Yes, but that's what makes me happy. A good practice day. Btw, who won the toss?” Virat asked.
“Mahi bhai won it and he chose to bowl first.” Anushka answered unmuting the TV screen.
“Ohkay. It's gonna be an interesting match. Let's see who wins..” Virat said getting excited.
“Let's see” Anushka said leaning close to Virat who slowly wrapped his arms around her.  The match was going well other than the two funny people watching it. Both of them were jumping on the bed after every six and was also cheering after every wicket. They didn't know who they were supporting thus was behaving like absolute jokers. Munching on fries, pizzas and burgers they both were enjoying to the fullest. However, it did take Anushka proper 15 minutes to convince Virat to eat the junk after promising to accompany him for 30 more minutes in the gym tomorrow. The first innings ended and Mumbai indians scored a decent score of 170. Anushka went for her video conference while Virat kept counting his extra calories that he intake because of the junk food. The match resumed again and CSK batters were doing a good job but it's never too easy to score against the dangerous MI bowlers. They didn't let any big partnership build and thus MI won the match with 3 balls to spare.
“Shit, CSK lost” Anushka exclaimed as soon as the match ended.
“Yaar, CSK did so well throughout the season but these elimination sucks” Virat said. He was clearly upset that his Mahi bhai's team lost.
“But I'm very happy for Ro, Jassi and Hardik. They really worked hard for this.” Virat added and Anushka nodded. Their heart were still confused, whether to be happy or to be sad. When Anushka saw Ro and Mahi shaking hand and Ro giving a hug to Mahi she asked
“If you're feeling like this then think about Ro. He must also be feeling bad for Mahi bhai and maybe guilty too??” Anushka asked with confusion.
“No, he must not be thinking like that. He must be very clear in his head. And if I'd been at his place, I would've been also very clear. Because once we step on that field, it's just the team we play for that matters. Every cricket match be it for India or for our franchise teams, the loyalty is always the same. But when we turn viewers, the confusion crepts on. Then it becomes hard to choose.” Virat explained.
“You all love Cricket so much, Don't you?” Anushka asked with a smile.
“It's our love, our common love.  You know Nushkie, sometimes I think people are so wrong when they think that our world is large, mine is actually very small. This 21 yard pitch is my world. I can't imagine myself without cricket. Cricket is what makes me who I am, and that's why I love this game, this pitch and everything and everyone related to this game so much.” Virat answered looking at the TV screen.
“And I think this 21 yard pitch and this game of cricket also loves you too much thus you are an absolute superstar of the game.” Anushka said and Virat looked at her with a smile and then put his head on her shoulder. They stayed like that for another 10 minutes when Virat's phone rang. He picked it up, talked and then hung up.
“Nushkie, I'm sorry but I've to go.”
“What happened, Vee? Everything's alright?” Anushka asked out of concern.
“Yeah, absolutely. The boys just wanted to talk about something regarding tomorrow's game.” Virat informed.
“Ohh. Then you must go. Good night.” Anushka said.
“Good night Nushkie” Virat replied placing a soft kiss om Anushka's cheek.