Chapter 19: THE PAPARAZZI TORTURE

Third person POV:
The bus reached the airport. Players started getting out of the bus and paparazzi started clicking them. Unlike everytime, Anushka was as relaxed as the players this time because she has faced the flashes around 2-3 times and things never went too bad. But as they say, expect the unexpected. Anushka, Virat and the whole team must have moved on from the rumours of the relationship but media hasn't. Afterall, it was about the very famous Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma. Anushka and Virat were the last one to step out. As Anushka stepped out of the bus, Along with the cameras and flashes, this time she was surrounded by mics too. She could hardly breath among the crowd of the media and the icing on the cake were the ridiculous questions and allegations. One mediaperson spoke “Mam, can you tell us from when is this all going on?”. Anushka was shocked at how easily people have decided everything on their own.
“Is this the reason, you got this job?” “Anushka, is this why you left your comfortable jobs and became the manager?” “Doesn't your presence around Virat all the time distract him”..
Things were getting worse and these questions were hurting Anushka as hell. She was one step away from shattering and crying at the spot when she felt a strong hand on her back supporting her to walk through the disgusting media. She needed not to turn back to know that It was Virat. He whispered in her ears ”Walk with your head high, Anushka”, among all the chaos his words worked as an instant relief to her. She moved forward with head high but tears making their way from her eyes. Virat's hand on her back gave her assurance that he is with her. While Virat supporting Anushka gave media a lot more content but this was the last thing Virat was worried for. They finally managed to get out of that shit and entered the airport. The whole team witnessed what happened outside and they had no words which can make Anushka feel better. While everyone was at loss of words, Virat stood in a corner with guilty heart, he couldn't stop from blaming himself for all this. The whole team was wondering that they have only given Anushka some bad memories and unforgettable experiences in return for everything she does for them. From that molestation to this media incident, they have failed to protect her as a team.
“Anushka, Sorry. I know, this sorry means nothing infront of the hell you had to go through. We as a team have only given you some really bad memories.” Mahi said being the first to break the silence. Anushka stood still. There was a lot of things going on in her head but definitely she doesn't agree with even one word of what Mahi said.
“Yeah..You deserve better, girl” said Ash
“We are sorry too” All the teammates also said together other than Virat.
This went on for another 10 minutes and everyone expressed the guilt they had in their heart.

“Guys, stop it please. I know I don't deserve this ridiculous behaviour of media and noone deserves. But, having you all with me and standing by me is one of the thing I cherish the most in my life. And why do you all only remember the bitter part of the journey, remember how we spent time today, the football matches we have, the time at Kohli mansion, the unexpected get togethers, fun while travelling...I have a lot to be grateful about. And in this journey, we will have our shares of bad experiences. And in today's situation noone is at fault other than the dead level of journalism in India.. I cherish being a part of the team and I won't let anyone make me feel otherwise. So, please stop being guilty” Anushka said pouring out her heart in front of the team. She finished but no-one said a word. Anushka had enough.
“Did you guys heard what I said.” Anushka said in a bossy and dominating tone, very first time.
“Yes we heard” the team said together and hugged Anushka. She was even finding it hard to breathe but this is the feeling she loves the most, being with her friends cum family.
“Anushka, Are u really okay?” said Virat who was still standing in a corner.
“Honestly, It will take some time to let this sink in. But, That doesn't mean, I will sit here being all gloomy, I didn't do anything wrong, nor did you, so we can atleast try to not think about the incident.” Anushka said moving towards Virat and pulling him where the whole team was standing.
“Yarr, you are so cool and strong. Bilkul meri tarah.” said Rohit.
“Jis din Anushka teri jaisi ban gyi na, hmara to Ram Naam Satya hi ho jaega” said Jaddu making the whole team laugh. And this way, the whole team came to their normal self, even Virat (after some more lectures from Mahi and Anushka)...
The team then boarded the flight and almost everyone slept due to the eventful day they had. They landed in Australia the next morning and went straight to the hotel. They went to their respective rooms as the team decided to spend the remaining day in the hotel itself to give the players rest as they all were jet lagged..All the players had their breakfast in their rooms and took a good nap of 3-4 hours..Now,it was getting tough for the team to stay in their room, Afterall how can these crazy sit in their rooms for a whole day when they know they have a lots of people to irritate. One by one they all gathered at one place and decided to have lunch together. Not before pushing Cheeku into Mahi's room to ask him to join them. He agreed and now the team was just arguing whether to have lunch in hotel or go outside when Ro said:
“Are mujhe ek cheez yaad aayi..” The team looked at him as if he is an alien. Afterall, Rohit Sharma remembering something is as weird as Bumrah opening the innings.
“Ro, don't say impossible things” teased Vee.
“Mahi bhai, ask him to shut up or he is so gone” Ro complained like a total kid. And all laughed when Mahi asked Ro to finish what he was saying.
“M ye keh rha tha ki hum Anushka ko bulana to bhool hi gaye..” Ro said as if this is no big deal.
“Ohh shit yaar” exclaimed Ash.
“How can we forget about my kiddo..This is not done guys” said Mahi.
“Yeah, Actually this is our first time on a tour with her.. that's why..” Bhuvi talked sense.
“And this stupid Ro is informing us as if this is most amazing thing we have forgotten about. If you remembered, you could've told us earlier” Virat said the last part to specially Rohit.
“Wasn't you the one teasing me when I was going to inform. So, Shut up Virat.”
This banter would've continued for long if Mahi wouldn't have interrupted and asked them to put finger on their lips.
“Her room is on the way, So, let's move and ask her to join us also.” said Jassi and the whole team made thier way to her room listening to the usual Vee-Ro nonsense in between..
They reached and found the door slightly open making them suspicious and think of the reasons because Anushka during a stupid Hardik conversation once told them that she loves her room door to be closed always, be it home or hotel. Mahi signalled the team not to knock, as it can alert the intruder or thief if there is any... Virat opened the door slightly more and they saw Anushka lying on the bed in pain, tears in eyes and a hot water bag on her abdomen.. The team rushed to her without thinking any further giving Anushka a real shock.

******************************************************
What do you think happened to Anushka?
🤔
Is the story going too slow? Or is it alright?
🙄
Comment and Vote
😍
Keep reading, Stay happy
😁