♚ ɪᴛs ᴏɴʟʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ♚ -3-

Day 38
I refuse to come out of my room, my mental state back to ruins. Only Kaeya brings me homework, does most of the partner assignments, leaves me notes, and dinner mostly. I have to say, his penmanship is beautiful in the small notes he leaves. He even brings me a few boxes of grape juice, but I only bought it because it was the last thing left in the vending machine. I hear the same soft knock at the door as usual, but this time I open the door when he knocks. His eyes widening when he sees me standing there. "(Y/N)? Are you ok?" He stays still, dinner in his hands. I nod, opening the door wider and step to the side. I look to the dinning table, where he sets down the food. "Ah.. is that all?"

I'd say something, but I'm scared of my voice cracking so I just pull out a chair. Motioning him to sit. He lets out a small laugh, sitting. I sit down across from him, realizing how much of a bad idea this was. I look down at the food, taking out my burger. "Sorry."

Day 40
I can't stop thinking about how laughed when I apologized, staying silent for the rest of the meal. Yet, the comfort of his presence even if we didn't talk. I'm conflicted on if I should be angry he laughed at my apology or embarrassed.

Day 41
Showered, brushed my teeth, and actually bothered to put something on nice. As I look at myself in the mirror I no longer see the lazy, couch potato, gremlin. "Stupid.. never do that again." I say to myself sighing. I arrive at class early, heading to my usual seat. I open my book to the page we had left off on, according to Kaeya's notes. I hear him sit down, too nervous to look at him.

"Did having one meal with you really have such an affect on you? How adorable." I blush heavily, for some reason his flirty attitude has snuck out. I decide to bite back a little.

"...If it did?" I joke. However, he doesn't respond, making me look over. He's definitely flustered, his hand covering his mouth. I start laughing, seeing him so flustered right in front of me is a new sight. I quiet down as the teacher starts his lesson.

"Lunch? I'm buying." He nods, following me. After buying him lunch I smile at him, taking out my own. I look down awkwardly, realizing I don't have anything to talk about. After a few minutes of silent eating someone comes up to him, smiling a giggling. I feel even more awkward now, shrinking into my seat as I eat. However as I watch them reach for his shoulder I open my mouth to say something, but realize I shouldn't. I bite my tongue looking away. By the time I'm finished with my food the two of them are still talking. I frown knowing I wouldn't of found anything to talk about anyways, I get up, leaving to my next class.

By the time I get back to dorm I'm exhausted, sighing as I hear my phone buzz. I see it's a message from Kaeya, the usual flirting not there.

The person you saw me with? God, I
like them more than I can express

Read

I didn't need to know that, I didn't want to know that. I can't help but feel a small twinge of jealousy, maybe it was just that he had taken care of me that I grew attached to him, but I shouldn't feel like this.

Well I hope things go well, it seems like
they like you too

Yeah? I'm really not that sure.

No, trust me they do

Guess I can be somewhat
oblivious..