🍃 ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ? 🍃

Request based, but also brainrot of this one prompt someone came up with.Prompt - Uh gods take away ur memory (you were with Xiao romantically and believes you got tired of him and left, but for the sake of time and wanting to flesh this prompt out in a different story it's taking place during the second lateen rite instead of hundreds yrs later <3)

2nd Person POV

Throughout the Archon War you and Xiao secretly met up throughout the nights. Chatting of the battles you had, bandaging one another's wounds, and having some romantic dinners even. It was the same meal each time, one of you couldn't stomach much else. Every time you saw a glimpse of the other your heart would beat ever so slightly faster, your palms would clam up, and a butterflies would rise in your stomach. Unfortunately one battle, the gods had seen your destruction. They banded together to put you to your end. With some luck, one of the gods was an old friend you managed to help greatly one fateful day. Once weakened they commanded the others to leave, they would take care of you themself. With an ancient spell they took away your memory and dropped you off in a safer place. In your heart you knew that there was something missing however. By the time the war was over you started to search the world for the missing piece. You knew not how you lived so many years, how you never seemed to age, or how these abilities came to you. However, this ancient spell had yet to be perfected, so bits and pieces came back. Only auditory, but it was enough to keep you going.

"And you are? Thinking to stand in the way of a Yaksha."

"Here to eliminate a god, but if that's not you, I'll be on my way."

The bits of conversation never making any sense. You couldn't even ask for help on this, no friend would join on what would be a never ending journey. First Mondstat, Sumeru, Snezhnaya, and even Fontaine. Every artifact, grave, or scenery had no affect. With every sense of discouragement came another auditory flashback.

"Almond tofu? That's what you can stomach?"

"If it's not what you prefer than it's fine by me, however it's the only thing I will stomach."

Eventually wind of a new hero hit your ears. Someone who was solving problems left and right. Could this be the person that could help you? They did all they could, treating you to the tofu you had heard about. Their companion feeling pity for you, but they did provide good knowledge. The only knowledge they knew about the war that played over and over in your head. Some days you would hear battle cries, and even once the farewell before you lost your memory.

"(Y/N), I owe you a great deal. So I will save you tonight. Do not resent me for this, for I do this in grace. No one should have to play these events over and over after this is ends."

Was it a blessing? Was it a curse? You weren't sure, but you heard kindness. So you turned your cheek and believed the god that cursed you did you a favor. You were better off not remembering anyways. You went to Yae Publishing house, according to those in Sumeru, they had some literatures. Anything useful? No, their god had stricken it all from history. Nothing about you, or Yakshas. Were you even remembering correctly anymore? Is that what he said? Eventually, erosion is bound to happen to those who live long. You were slowly going deranged. Only his voice bringing you back to reality.

"Like this..? Do you enjoy these.. kisses?"

You knew he loved you, you knew you wanted to stay with him. Finally you made it to your starting place, a random cave in Mt. Aozang. Where the fighting never managed to reach, your old safe place. You believed that the god who did you a favor placed you farther than where you originated from. To keep you from whatever was happening, but now with your thoughts all in a jumble you decided this must be close to him.Walking around Liyue harbor you find the traveler once again.