┣▇▇▇═─ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ sɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ

A certain incident has led you to call on Dottore for help, will he let you down?

"L," I point to a blue haired guy.  His almost mint green curly hair bounces, following his dramatized movements. He seems to be having some sort of business with Sir Diluc. He was not on the guest list. "who is that?" L, my partner in crime for the night, has come here to smuggle out some wine with me. I'm sure once we get it to Sumeru we'll be loaded! Yet, L seems hesitant to answer.

"That's Dottore, apart of the fatui. If anything he's ready to announce who he is." The mustache guy introduces him, but I pay no mind. If he's not important to the mission he's not important to the mission. There's no way someone important would pay attention to two thieves if it didn't concern him. The two leave. "Now is our chance (Y/N)!"

"Wait.. it's time for the slow dance." L makes a face and starts heading to the wine cellar. I've always wanted to dance at one of these things! Especially since I'm all dressed up it, even so, L doesn't care. L's been all over smuggling, nothing phases them. I grab their wrist and give them a look. "Come on, L! They won't be back after one song!" They grumble.

"This is why I told them that you weren't fit for this job (Y/N)." Ouch. A blow to my ego, but I'll dance alone if I have to!

"Have fun smuggling them without me then!" I huff and get ready to go to the middle of the dance floor.

"This is why you'll end up working without us!" They're acting as if they're not just some common thug.

"Remember how you got in here? Because of me L! You lot won't be getting far without me." I turn back to watch L leave down the hall we think the wine is being stored. Someone taps my shoulder. I turn finding someone unexpected. It's the butler, the one left in charge of the party. His name is.. Elzer I believe.

"How are you doing on this fine evening my dearest guest?" What does he want? If he starts asking about L it means our cover is blown... I'm getting some profits having at least got us in.

"I'm... well." Well? I didn't ever think I was good at acting, but don't clam up now!

"Your lover has left you, have they not?" Is that what he thought that was? I nod slightly and look past him. To everyone dancing, smiling, and just overall enjoying the time. "I'll dance this one with you then." He will?

"Are you sure? I'm not sure that's very proper." He just smiles and gets in position.
——
Once the dance was over everyone, but Diluc, was coming back onto the scene. I suppose L was right. I hurry down to the cellar and see that mustache guy once more. Standing over L's dead body. "Nuisance.." I can hear someone else coming.. More smugglers? I hide between some of the barrels and promptly watch as something stabs the guy's hand. I almost yelp. A familiar redhead appears on the scene. His get up is.. weirdly attractive. What's going on. I scoot to the corner or the barrels as the redhead keeps on throwing his daggers. One hits the barrel I was hiding behind. It pours out onto the floor coming close to my feet. Not my new shoes! I can barely make out what they're saying, yet it's clear that is important. All of a sudden the mustache guy is stabbed. I look towards the entrance of the cellar and see it's Dottore. The spilled wine and blood meet, making a new color. He soon leaves however. After he's gone I watch the redhead clean up the mess and the guards scrambling to leave. However due to L, guards call attention to ensure the cellar isn't entered any longer. I take a single barrel and roll it down a different path and manage to get out.