⊱ ʟᴏᴏᴋ! ⊰

Modern AU
You and Zhongli have kids! He tries to make you see that you can be a good parent, all while realizing just how great he is at being a dad.

Zhongli's POV

As the toddler is falling asleep in my arms I hear (Y/N) come home from work. I go set it down in its bed before going out to greet them. "Welcome back, dear." They sigh, their tension releasing as I hold them.

"Hey.. Mm.." They snuggle into me, making me smile warmly. I stroke their hair, letting them relax.

"Are you hungry? There's plenty of dinner left over." They nod, letting me go. I reheat dinner, watching they exhausted face smile up at me. "How was work?"

"Nothing special, Rosalyne is on my tail as always. And you? How have things been here?" My smile brightens, I take the seat across from them.

"She's a joy.. Ah, she's actually managed to ask for uppies." They chuckle, seeing me so enamored.

"You act like the old man you are Zhongli." They blow on their food before taking a bite.

"Well this 'old man' sure knows how to break your back just as good as his." They burst out laughing. "I'm only a few years older than you, stop teasing me."

"You're blushing." They giggle. "I guess it's a good thing that you're the one taking care of her than me, I'm not very good at this whole parenting thing" They sigh, picking at their food.

"We should go out this weekend, you're off work aren't you?" They nod. "Good, I'll make the plans. All you'll need to do is do what I know you can." I get up give them a small squeeze before heading to bed.

Your POV
The weekend comes and they've decided on a petting museum. I put on something comfortable and watch as my little girl watches the animal with wonder. Zhongli taking one too many pictures as always. As she goes to pet one of the goats Zhongli can't help but point. "Look, she's adorable." He snaps another picture, nothing will be left to memory to remember. We buy her some animal feed, telling her to be careful.

I stand behind her as she feeds them, making sure the animals don't crowd her. One of the goats come too close she ends up getting scared, I'm quick to scoop her up. "You're ok sweetie, it won't hurt you." I stroke her back until she's calmed down. I set her back down, but she doesn't stray far from me anymore. I hear Zhongli snap another picture. It makes me turn around unamused. "You're gonna use up all of its memory, calm down with the pictures." He comes over, holding me as he looks down at our baby endearingly.

"Can't you see? She feels safe with you." He kisses my forehead before squatting down next to her. She does seem to feel that way, doesn't she? He chuckles softly as she pokes at one of the horns of the animals.

Zhongli drags us all along the park, smiling warmly at her. Watching her every move, not being able to get enough of our daughters sweet nature. He constantly points at her actions, taking hundreds of pictures. Towards the end I scoop her up to let her see the a better view of the goats and such. She reaches out for Zhongli, seemingly tired of the goats. Zhongli holds her, smiling at me warmly. I take out my own phone, snapping a picture of the two of them. "Even if you meant this day for me.. It makes me happy to see the two of you so content with one another. Let's go home, she looks tired.

I cradle her in my arms once we're home, no longer wanting to let her out of my sight. Zhongli sits next to me, slightly holding me. He smiles warmly at the two of us. "I love you two all too much.." I lean my head into his chest, not wanting the moment to end.

While at work my phone buzzes every half hour, Zhongli sending me photos of our daughter. I make sure to open them when no one else is around. Wether it's her trying to get his attention or just being cute I warmly smile at each picture.

Once I'm back from work I find the two of them in front of the TV, Zhongli having a loose hold on her as she sleeps on his lap. I laugh slightly, picking her up to put her in her bed. "Goodnight, sweetie."

I slightly close the door and go back to the couch. I pat his cheeks to wake him up. He gives me a gentle smile. "Welcome back, dear."

╭──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╮
Artist @ xfelix_callist on Instagram
╰──︒✿ཾ∘∗✽ᜒࠬ. ──╯