☁︎ ᴜɴʀᴇǫᴜɪᴛᴇᴅ ☁︎ -3-

"Yes that's all! Thank you so much Diluc! There's a cafe here, they have some good stuff. Why don't I treat to some of that as well?" He gives me a skeptical look but shrugs and nods. "Ok! Wait right here, I want it to be a surprise. Last time I came I thought you'd really like this one drink!" He sighs.

"Alright, hurry before," he checks his watch for a moment, "lunch rush starts. It's almost noon." I nod and hop over to the cafe.

Once my order is taken I wait at a table and scroll through my notifications. I guess I should've had Diluc wait inside with me. The chair in front of me slides back and someone sits. Diluc? I look up to see Thoma, my eyes widening in disbelief. "Th..Thoma." He gives me awkward smile. "Did you need something?" I say nervously. I was mad for a good while, but nothing good comes of that so I've let it go. I must say however, this is rather rude.

"No.. I just wanted an answer from you. You're a hard person to find you know." Well maybe that's because I've been avoiding my usual places and routine.

"Heh.. well yeah. You want an answer?" Answer about what, could've just unghosted me jeez.

"Why." I tilt my head in confusion. "Why did you block my number?"

"Did you come hear to taunt me or something. You blocked me, you stopped talking to me, you hung up on me when I was-" asking you out. I stop talking. "It doesn't matter I guess. Don't play dumb Thoma." I get up but he grabs my wrist.

"Wait please! I swear I didn't!" I frown and watch as he pulls out his phone, his fingers fumbling. I sit back down and tap my finger on the table, as a sign to hurry up. "I... I did?" He looks confused but there's no way you accidentally block someone. "You said you called me?"

"Yep." I open up my phone and look through my call history. Sure enough it's still there. "Look." He looks through his.

"It's not here.. I do know I was messaging you however. That was the night I was staying with Ayato and Ayaka. What time did you call me?" I think for a moment and suddenly get embarrassed. Even if he was awake at the time, it was still really late.

"Uhh.. past 12?" He grabs his phone and puts it to his ear. I hear my name being called. I get up and smile a bit at him. "Well that's my cue to leave, nice to see you again I guess." I pick up the drinks and take them to where Diluc is sitting. The fresh breeze helping me cool down. It sure was hot in that cafe.

"Everything ok? Your face is red." Or maybe it was just Thoma. I hold out his drink with a nod.

"It's grape tea, you like grape juice but I don't think these two are similar. Whenever grapes are mentioned I just think of you- I hope that's not weird." He smiles at me and takes a sip.

"Not bad." I take out an envelope with money and hold it out to him.

"Your paycheck. I should get going now, I have to edit these. If I need more pictures I'll try not to bother you too late!" I smile before waving goodbye.

Once on my computer I get to editing, thankfully I do have enough this time. If what Thoma said was true then..? I shake my head looking back at the photos, I can't get distracted. I need to turn these in soon. I finish up and email the files. I sigh in relief, it isn't that late at night this time. I start scrolling through all of my old photos and come across Thoma's old ones. I left some unedited. I wonder if Thoma unblocked me. I grab my phone and call.. two rings.. three.. click. He picked up! "Hello?" It's definitely his voice, but what do I say? I hang up quickly, I really shouldn't of done that. I get up and stretch, trying to leave the embarrassment behind.