🍃 sʜᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴜs 🍃

Continuation of "You don't remember?", where it's basically just you and Xiao having cute moments lol

"Yes that's correct.." I slowly trace shapes in his palm.

"Are you sure I didn't just do this to indulge your need for touch..?" He looks away, a small noticeable blush on his ears.

"Perhaps that might've been the case.." I smile at him softly, tracing a start. "Either way it was helpful on those restless night, because all I could feel was your touch. Telling me to come back to you." My eyes widened, I wonder how many times his karmic debt almost took him away from me.

"Even without a cure, I'll make sure I bring you back every time." He nods, I can tell he's still a little shy about my touch even if it's been a year. "So lantern right is tonight isn't it, why don't we watch the lanterns a little closer to the city?" He looks back at me, almost with an air of curiosity. Maybe he really hasn't gotten used to my presence yet. "I mean if you don't want to-." He promptly interrupts me.

"No I do, I was just expecting us to stay tonight and watch them. I guess going closer to the city shouldn't be a problem." He gets up, ready to leave for the day.

"Would you mind taking me with you..?" He gives me a look, more of a scowl. He promptly disappears. "Ouch.." I sigh, knowing he hates when I ask him that.

"Will you take me with you?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"Because I lost you once, if I lose you on my watch I'd never forgive myself." He leaves, a sad look in his eyes.

I used to defeat gods too you know. I guess he doesn't see me in the same way anymore, not that I am me much anymore. I rest my head on my hand, looking around as I continue to think. I think back to the god's voice who gave me the 'blessing.' Was it truly a blessing, or was that a lie? They sounded so sorry, yet so sincere. From what I gathered, the gods from then all died except the now 7 archons. Even if I managed an audience with all of them, some of the archons have been replaced. Friend or foe, they're gone, I have no way of getting my memories back. After finding Xiao I haven't had many voice snippets of my past. If anything they've been becoming less and less frequent, my only guess is erosion. The memories are tucked away, but erosion has to be eating away at them.

Later that night, he acts as if I hadn't asked that question. He gives me a bright smile as we walk towards Liyue. Once we arrive, we sit on a nice patch of grass. I place my hand on his, which his ears turn a rather bright pink at, and look up at the sky. Watching the fireworks and lanterns being released I smile, a small snippet coming back to me.

"Do you think we'll slaughter all our life away, (Y/N)?"

"Hmm.. I would hope not, but even if we did I want to do it with you. I'll still help you out, I promise."

"And if we don't..?"

"Don't slaughter..? Hm.. remember what the people do during festivals? The boom things."

"The.. fireworks I believe?"

"Yes those..! I'll watch them with you, just you."

My eyes widen a little and I take a glance at him. He's smiling so brightly right now. Once the fireworks finish I sigh. "Something wrong?" He looks over with an eyebrow raised slightly.