⊱ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ⊰ -1-

Zhongli isn't the friendliest to you, but you still can't help but want to be around him. You try your best, but will he allow you to get close?

I waved goodbye to Ganyu, with a smile, and went into my house. I immediately saw Zhongli, though he hadn't taken notice of my presence. I shut the door as quiet as possible and snuck up behind him. He was making something, but I wouldn't be able to see what it was, without revealing that I was there. He was definitely concentrating on this though. I hugged him from behind even though he's always telling me how much he dislikes it. Especially the nicknames I call him. He immediately jumped. "Hey wifey. What is it you're doing there?"

"Wifey..? (Y/N)," he sighed grabbing my arms. "Stop doing that." He didn't bother to turn to look at me. I let go of him and tried peeking at what he was doing. "Ah ah." He turned around and started shoving me away. "Go away." Go away!?

"Zhonggggliiiii." I whined. "Come onnnn! I'm the one who lives here ya know! I should be the one kicking you out!" I grabbed the sides of his arms and looked into his eyes pouting. "Tell me what you're doing.. pleeaaaseee." His face contorted and he shoved me into my room and shut the door. I could hear him sigh heavily as he walked away. He's always shoving me away until he wants my company. When we are in each other's company he has his sweet and funny moments. That's the him I fell in love with, but it seems he just doesn't care much for me. I sat on my bed and stared out the window. Couples walking hand in hand, staring at each other, with the look I'll never receive back from Zhongli. I close the curtains feeling a bit down and decide I'll go take a nice long bath.

As I lay there feeling the warmth of the water envelope me I realize Zhongli never talked much about his love life. Maybe someone left him with a bit more scars than I thought. The only words he ever said on the topic was, "it was too late." I wonder what he meant by that. I close my eyes imagining what they could've looked like. Maybe he has a type? A long legged sexy woman in a suit? A guy shorter than him and a bit needy? Or maybe just someone that has the same personality as him. Or someone closed off, but could still understand him. Maybe that someone, just isn't me then. I've told him quite a bit about myself and he doesn't reply with disinterest or words of comfort. He'll just just rub my hand with his thumb. The only times he'll touch me of his own will,!and in those moments I can tell he cares. For whatever reason he hides his feelings from me I can still tell when he likes things he would deny. He likes it when I hold his hand or when I pat his head whenever he's crouching. He'll tell me firmly to stop, but his face says otherwise. He'll be blushing, or his face will crack a small smile with furrowed brows.

I hear Zhongli call for me from the living room. I open my eyes and quickly change. He's sitting at the table with an angered face.

"I'll be taking my leave now." He grabs some of his stuff and walks out of the door. My feet are glued to the ground and I can't speak. As the door shuts the place turns black. He appears in front of me smirking. "You thought I could like you?" He lifts up my chin. "You're more delusional than I could've anticipated. All those times I ignored you? Shoved you away? Told you to leave? Are you sure you weren't imagining all of those sweet moments?"

Zhongli's POV

"(Y/N)!" I called out their name from the kitchen. I waited 5 minutes before calling their name again. "(Y/N)!?" No response nor any other sound. Were they mad I sent them to their room? It seems they forgot what day it was, though I don't blame them. It's probably not worth a day remembering for them. Every time they come up to me acting all silly and wanting attention it makes me want to smile, but I have to restrain it. Their stupid nicknames.. the way they look into my eyes. All of it makes me want to embrace them and just give in but the thought of losing them is too much. Pushing them away in hopes one day they will go, is the way it should go. It'll be better than having a life with them that will only be a small part of my life. Sometimes they really do get on my nerves though. Like right now. "(Y/N)!!" I get up and open the door to their room. I scan the room but they aren't in there. Suddenly I hear a loud splash in the bathroom. My eyes widen and I hurry to go knock on the door. "(Y/N)? Is everything ok in there!?" I hear scrambling.