Epilogue: "Alive"

Kyle POV

I put on a loose shirt so my baby's bum won't be visible. Today is the last occasion for me to leave the pack's territory since very soon I will be big as a whale, and a heavy pregnant male on the human territory is not a good idea.

And Rob really wants to take me to this restaurant he keeps talking so much about for a date. So today is our last occasion because I'm carrying the triplets. I remember the moment Gideon gave us the news; we had to splash some water on Rob to get him from the floor. Well, I'm happy but not thrilled. Carson is still small, so basically, we will have four infants to look after, and we barely get some sleep with one.

Marc is sitting in the kitchen waving little Tonya in his arms. 

I think he is very happy that Mikkeli and Hannah have honored the memory of his son by giving their daughter that name. Tonya is healthy, unlike during the pregnancy period; she doesn't need to be given any silver. We still don't know how it will affect her in the future, but I guess that's the question for another time.

"You look marvelous, Kyle, have a nice date," says Marc when he sees me.

"You are babysitting?"

"Today yes, but not for long," he says, and I frown." It's time for me to get move soon. I should visit my grandchildren and Tony's mate, see how they are doing. I'm not good at sitting in one place."

As I step outside, where Rob waits for me next to the car, small snowflakes are falling from the sky. I still feel cold sweat when I think that I almost lost him a month ago, but thankfully the Goddess had mercy on me, finally. I know that both he and his sister are still in pain because of their mother's death but still, life goes on.

Next week we will have an official inauguration ceremony for Roseanne as the second Gamma of the Black Moon. She will be responsible for the second territory, so I'm sure this job will give her something to focus on along with a lot of satisfaction. She and Rob asked Mikkeli, and he agreed not to banish their father, who, after the death of his mate, get older rapidly and is not in good shape. So now she and Rob have decided to take care of him for how much time he still has. 

Later when Rob and I eat our steak and laugh sitting in this fancy restaurant, I wonder if it is finally the end of the storm and all of us will now get so much-needed peace. I know both of us will always carry our past with us, but we must do everything in our power to never again let it cloud our present and future. Rob's hand on mine is so warm.

After our date, as we step outside, he wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me passionately.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you more."

That's when the faint scent reaches my nostrils. Something I haven't smelled for some time.

"Kyle?" Rob looks at me confused as I lead him into the alley sniffing around, yet it seems empty. Still, when we come back to our car, I'm not surprised to see something dangling from the wing mirror. Rob smiles at me with understanding as I take the object, and we come back home.

The living room in the packhouse is very crowded, although it's late. Kids are playing with Mikkeli and Hank on the carpet, and Hannah and Hayden are discussing something with Celia and Marc. When Patrick will be back with his family, it will be even more crowded every day.

"Hey, guys, how was the date?" Hannah spots us.

"Perfect, Celia, we have something for you," I say.

She seems a bit confused as I give her a small iron pendant of the dragonfly. She takes it but doesn't say a word for a while; Hank and Mikkeli come closer also to take a look.

"My brother is alive," she says slowly, looking at Hank.

"What's that?" Kathy runs to them, curious as always.

"It is a gift from your uncle, your mum's older brother. I think it's for you, Kathy," says Hank smiling, and Celia nods, giving the pendant to their daughter.

"It's beautiful," she squeaks" When will the uncle visit us?"

Hank takes Kathy in his arms and says:

"Well, he knows where we live, so maybe someday, when he is ready, we will meet him again."

END of the BOOK TWO

I wish to give the special thank to

 @Lunalisa79, @AnimeGirl847, and @CelestiaNorwood

 for their support during the writing of this story.

And to all who have read or will read it, I hope I stood up to your expectations :)