Chapter 45: "Exchange"

Hunters' hideout above

TRIGGER WARNING

Celia POV

Hannah and I eat slowly, although none of us seems to have an appetite. She keeps playing with a small walkie-talkie in her palm. When Terry brought me back to the cell, he gave this to us, saying if Jordan, Gabriel, or anybody come, we should wake him up.

"There are no security cameras in here," says Hannah" And your brother doesn't trust his people nor Gabriel. I've checked the cell; it's a dead end. There are no other passages out of here except the main door."

"They have Hank," I say. "I know he is still alive, but was it why I got sick? Did I feel what they were doing with him?"

Hannah nods and hisses in pain because the collar on her neck touches her mark, which now looks like an open wound.

"Well, the fact that they want to sell me at least gives Mikkeli some time. Time to find us," she says" Has Terry told you what he wanted to do with you?"

"He wants to be my brother again; that's why he wanted to get Kathy too."

"He thinks you are our prisoner, and he wanted to set you free but, along the way, found out about my child and decided to get himself rich because of it and get his revenge on Mikkeli," she says " Have you asked him about Hank?"

"He was furious; he refused to tell me anything."

She stands up to lie on one of the beds. I wonder if we will be able to sleep today when the door opens, and a man walks inside. I sit as he smirks.

"Anything we could get to you?" he asks, looking at Hannah. "You are so lucky we need you alive bitch!"

"Where is Hank? I know you got him too?" she says, and my heart skips a beat.

"Alive, but wasn't in good shape when Terry finished with him, and he will surely continue."

"Can I see him, please?" I say without thinking.

Hannah looks at me, tensed, as he comes to me and yanks me from my bed. I look him straight in the eyes; I know how stupid it is, but I can't stop. I need to see Hank, I want Hank, and I'm ready to take the risk to get to him. 

He takes me out of the cell and goes somewhere with me; keeping up with him is hard, but I manage to do that.

"Where are you taking her?" someone asks; I look at him and cringe. I remember this guy, one of my cousins, who was also there when they almost killed me.

"She wants to see her dog; I decided to be the nice guy."

My cousin comes closer, and I start to shake again as he grabs my jaw hard.

"You like it whore? You mated with him, so you like breeding with the dog," he scoffs. "Let's give the bitch a moment of comfort. Why not?"

After we pass some corridors, I finally see Hank, and my heart clenches. 

 He is tied up to the ceiling with a long chain, for sure silver. Wounds from stabbing in his abdomen are visible, but at least they are not bleeding, along with many bruises on his chest, face, and arms. But, God, will we ever be able to get out of here? Will we see our daughter again?

At first, I ignore how my cousin touches me, but then the realization hits me, and I feel a bile rising in my stomach. My eyes dart to Hank, and I see his panic and pain.

 They don't like that I start to struggle, so my cousin hits me in the face hard. I fall to the floor, and one of them is on top of me; I don't scream because there is no point. Hank trashes in his chain, but we both know it's futile; he can't stop them, and they will make him watch. I feel a hand on my neck, pressing my face into the floor. I hear them joking about finally making me a bitch in the heat, my sobs choke me, and I have trouble with breathing. Their hands on me are so disgusting, and once again, I'm entirely on someone's mercy, and I can't do anything to stop it.