Chapter 40: "Break of silence"

Gabriel Blythe, The Council's representative above

Hank POV

"Just not him again," Hannah whispers as Gabriel Blythe steps out of the car parked in front of the packhouse.

Mikkeli rolls his eyes as the three of us watch him from Alpha's study. Greyson is growling in my mind. He wants to sink his claws into this man. I'm sure Byron has the same idea. Both our wolves hate this man with passion.

"But there is good news, Hayden and Patrick will be in charge of babysitting, so let's avoid him as much as we can," Hannah says as Mikkeli helps her sit on the couch. Her due time is very close, so she needs help with moving.

I sigh, not finding it very funny. Even though my mating with Celia turned out well, I still hate him because of what he wanted to do and forced us to do. He looked at my family as if it was nothing as if they were objects, and he threatened their safety and the safety of my pack, so no matter what, I will always see him as my enemy.

As the door opens and Dalton walks our guest into the office, I want to punch Gabriel hard and make that stupid smirk on his face go away. I've never seen the three more men who came with him, but since Gabriel is the leader of this investigation, he was allowed to choose his own team, so for sure, they are the same type of jerks as he is.

"Alpha, Luna," he bows slightly to show his respect, respect he for sure doesn't feel to us, and that feeling is mutual.

"It turns out the trouble seem to like you pack," he says, and I see Mikkeli's eyes shift; his not a fan of sarcasm, that's for sure.

"And you seem to like visiting," says Hannah" As the last time, you are welcome in our house. Hayden and our Gamma will assist you with everything, including this case."

"Thank you, Luna. And the traitors?"

"They are all on the second territory. Do you wish to start with them?" I ask.

"Yes, if it's not a problem. But it was a long journey; I hope you don't mind if we start tomorrow" Gabriel smiles sweetly, which makes me wonder if everybody in the room wants to punch him as much as I do.

As a Beta of Full Moon, I had to deal with Council's Representatives occasionally, and I understand how difficult it is. Alpha, Luna, and Beta rule the pack, and their wolves usually take it hard when an outsider comes to their home and starts preaching. The Council understands that too so they are not very eager to interfere with packs if there is no reason to it and usually send people who are very professional in their job. But Gabriel...

I shouldn't be so agitated with Gabriel, but I just have a bad feeling because of him, I think as I take him to my study.

"We decided to let you work in my study for the time being. All the necessary documents which you may need are already there. If you need something else, let Hayden know," I say, opening the door for him. And we are both greeted by Danny and Kathy with David Nightingale, who are all waiting for me there.

I promised to take the kids to the training grounds today and teach them something as soon as I would be free. Kathy jumps in my arms as Gabriel glares at David and Danny, although his sickly sweet smile is still glued to his face.

"So hunters are now part of the werewolves pack," he says.

"You have a problem with my family?" I growl slightly, letting Kathy on the floor; I see Danny fidgeting nervously.

"Family is a big word. Do you think you can raise this stray as your own? He was taught the hate towards us since he was born." Gabriel hisses," Tell me, boy, did you folks scream a lot when we slaughtered them or you hunter, how much blood of our children you have on your hands! Or do you think that half-breed like the one your Luna is currently carrying or your daughter can lead this pack one day! Do you..."