Chapter 42: "Conspiracy"

Hank POV

As the five of us step into the cells, I can literally feel anger boiling in my veins. Marc and Dalton are with us to make sure that neither I nor Rob or Mikkeli will kill this fucking bastard before he finishes talking.

Lionel is conscious and ready for integration, chained to the floor by his hands. Now that I think about it, I was foolish. Lionel and Renan did everything together; how in the Goddess' name did I not find it weird after Kyle's rape that they were not together in it? I guess we all were too angry and shocked to think about the chain of events carefully.

Lionel looks at us; I've never seen anybody so scared; I wonder if he is going to piss himself off soon. His eyes dart between us, and he finally stays focused on me. A wrong decision, in my opinion, he attacked Celia, and he touched her and my daughter; I desire his blood on my hands so much.

"It would be better for you if Marc killed you in the garden," says Mikkeli in a cold voice" You raped my brother, threatened his life twice, and sent your Beta's family to the Infirmary. So let's clarify that your life is not at stake here; your death is. Quick death or painful death, that's your choice."

Rob comes closer and punches Lionel in the face rapidly as he screams for him to stop, which he does after a couple more punches.

"Who else was among those you raped Kyle?" he asks with such hate in his voice.

Lionel spits the blood and whispers:

"No one but those you've already killed, I swear, but Kyle misunderstood..."

"Don't even bother! I've marked him; I've seen his memories; I know what you did, you fucking bastard," Rob growls lowly, and Lionel starts crying.

"It was Lucas's idea, I swear...He said that Kyle had agreed, we were drunk, it wasn't..."

Rob punches him once again.

"After the first encounter with Kyle after the merge, you've realized that sooner or later he would remember you, so you tried to get rid of him by kidnapping him during his heat," Mikkeli says lowly, and Lionel starts shaking his head frantically.

"No, it wasn't like that. But unfortunately, I was forced to do that. I had no other choice!"

That catches the attention of everybody present; Rob grabs Lionel for his collar and says:

"What do you fucking mean by that?"

"Someone figured out I was there, that I was lying about sleeping during Kyle's rape and.. and threatened me. Blackmailed me into doing that, saying if I didn't, they would tell."

"Who was it?" I ask, and Lionel gulps.

"Don't kill me, please, make me go rogue, but don't kill me, and I tell!"

We all growl, and Lionel starts sobbing, understanding that there is no way out, no matter how hard he pleads.

"You promise that I will go quick?" he whispers, and I nod, and he says and next leaves as promised, fast as I break his neck.

But we don't have time to fully digest what was told as I hear the fucking Gabriel Blythe standing with three of his men next to the cell.

"That explains everything!" he says with pride as if he was a cat who has just got a big mouse" How do you intend to proceed with that, Alpha?"

Mikkeli is silent for a while before he looks at Rob. My friend is as pale as a ghost, and honestly, I'm not surprised. I pity him so much; he hasn't deserved it.

"I let you decide, Rob. How do you think we should do it?" he asks, and Rob sighs; I can't imagine how awful it must be for him.

"Please, let me speak with her first," Rob says with a voice void of any emotions.