Chapter 27: "The Snowstorm" Part 2

Kyle POV

Cold water helped, not with the pain but with thinking straight. I know where I am and with whom I am. I can't believe he managed to find me before they could... I guess I was also lucky that they started first fighting about who would fuck me, as my heat woke up their dominating instincts. Still, I hope they weren't aware of what they were doing; I really do.

My son doesn't cry anymore, I heard noises and smelt the milk, so I guess my mate's sister is feeding him now.

The door to the bathroom gets open, and Rob enters. He looks at me, his eyes shifting back and forth like crazy as he digs his nails into the door frame. I shiver in fear, but after a moment, Rob is able to get control. He takes a big towel and gently takes me out of the tube. I don't fight him; there is no point; I'm too weak to do anything but whimpering.

He takes me back to the room, and I see Roseanne patting Carson's back to make him burb. Rob sets me on the bed, dries me, dresses me in a pair of boxers, and helps me to lie down.

But to my surprise, he takes off his shirt and pants and settles next to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"What?" I whisper.

"We need as much skin-to-skin contact as possible; you will feel less pain; I promise I won't do anything."

I sigh and don't argue, allowing myself to rest on his bare chest. He is right, though; Skyler is in much less pain now when our mate hugs us.

Roseanne stands up and gives me Carson; I feel such a relief when I can cuddle him again.

"Tell me what happened?" Rob asks, and I answer.

By the time I finish, they both growl dangerously. Rob hugs me tighter, whispering Mine, and I won't be lying that my stupid heart doesn't start beating harder with joy because of this statement.

"Alright," says Roseanne, "I think you have everything you may need; I will take a few rounds around this place to check if maybe someone else has caught the smell of your heat. You both are so lucky that I was doing paperwork today and didn't go with others into the woods. I will check on you every two hours, ok?"

After she leaves, there is an awkward silence. But I'm sure it's just calmness before the storm.

"Kyle?" Rob finally starts talking.

"Yes?"

"I promise I'll do my best and don't mark and mate with you. But we may need to do other things to make your pain bearable, do you understand?"

I nod, and he places a small kiss on my forehead. I do trust him. Of course; I don't have any other option, but still... Nothing he can do will ever be as awful as it was with them, or it would be if he didn't find me on time.

Hank POV

The snowstorm is so intense today that it's not typical for this time of the year. More snow should come in two months, but I guess this year is bonded to be different from the rest.

I've been mated for two days; I'm mated to my soulmate, who I once rejected. I'm mated to the girl who will never let me touch her again. And the only thing I'm capable of thinking about is mating. Both Greyson and I are horny all the time; the bond managed not only to connect me with Celia but to make me lust for her ten times stronger. And to make matters worse, I'm unsure how many of my all-the-time horny thoughts Celia can feel through our bond.

I sigh as I walk in the direction of Mikkeli's office, but I don't get to enter because Hayden is standing in front of it.

"Whatever business you have with Mikkeli or Hannah, we should come later," he says, stepping away. "Judging by the sounds, they've just started. I really don't get why they always have to do it on his desk. For sure, there are many more comfortable places in the packhouse, especially for the pregnant woman."