Undying Love

[Takemichi POV]

You paced back and forth as you waited for Draken to come back inside. It had already been 10 minutes and Mikey had regained consciousness, but still refused to say anything. Fear and worry started to plague your mind. You knew you had failed, and you needed to do something. You were not going to allow the future you experienced pass. So you had to alter the events that came after Emma's death. You had to defeat Tenjiku. You sucked in a deep breath, as you walked over to Mikey, kneeled before him, and softly said, "Mikey.. Please say something.. Anything.. At least tell me what you're feeling.." He didn't look at you, but he softly said, "Where's.. (Y/n)..." You sighed as you looked over at the doors and said, "I'm wondering that too buddy.."

Just as you said that, the sliding doors opened, revealing Draken. You half smiled as you, said, "We'll find her.. Don't worry.." You stood up and walked over to him, as he shook his head. "She's nowhere to be found. I checked the entire area, she's not around here anymore." You felt the panic rise in you as you shouted, "FUCK! We have to find her." Draken sighed as he said, "Takemichi she probably wanted to be alone. Just leave her be, her best friend died." He got really awkward as he said, "We've all lost someone tonight.." You became more frantic as you shouted, "NO! Find her. We have too!" You started to walk away, as Draken grabbed your arm and said, "Where the hell are you going?" You stopped as you pulled your arm out of his grasp, and said, "I'm going to meet the others! We have to defeat Tenjiku."

You look at Mikey as you say, "This might not be the best time, hell I can't even focus because I don't know where the hell (Y/n) is.. But the whole gang cannot move without his command." Draken looks at you in confusion as he says, "Are you crazy? This is bigger than some stupid battle!" You let out a dry laugh, as you said, "Yeah. This is bigger than some stupid battle. I refuse to let Toman go to ruin." You leave Draken with questions as you face away from them and say, "I was the one who killed Emma.. I know.. (Y/n) feels the same.. I saw them coming and she was Kisaki's target.. Emma sacrificed herself for (Y/n).." You started to cry, as you said, "I know she's not in the right headspace.. So Draken.. please find her.. She's probably looking for Kisaki.."

You sniffle as you wipe your tears away and say, "I couldn't stop Kisaki before, but I will stop him now.." You start to walk away, as you said, "I'm gonna keep moving forward. I will settle things with Tenjiku alone." You started to walk towards the entrance when you saw her. Hina was standing outside of Emma's room sobbing softly. You sighed as you walked over to her, softly pulled her into a hug and said in a high pitched voice, "Don't cry Hina! Because I'm here with you! What's wrong? You can always talk to me!" She became frustrated as she pushed you back and shouted, "STOP JOKING AROUND! SHE'S GONE!" She stopped as she saw the tears falling from your face. You chuckled, as you covered your eyes and said, "I'm sorry.. I.. uhm was a part time cleaner at a department store.. Little kids would often get lost, and I would try to cheer them up, but it would just make them cry even more.."

You smiled as you placed a hand on her face, and in a high pitched voice said, "I'll protect you Hina!" You chuckled, as the tears continued to fall from your eyes. "So useless.. This is me.. the 30 year old me.." You leaned against the wall as you said, "I didn't know how to handle things like this.. I was always really clueless and always ran away from my problems instead of dealing with them.." You smiled as you reached for her hand, and pulled her close. You kissed her head as you said, "I'm done running.. I'm gonna fix things Hina.. I'm gonna save you.. No matter what.." Tears fell from your eyes as she reached up, and kissed you softly. You smiled as you rested your head on hers, "I gotta go now Hina.."

You turn away from her and start to walk away, but stop as you turn and face her. In your high pitched voice you say, "A hero doesn't run! I want you to be cheerful!" You smiled as you continued to walk towards the entrance, determined to protect the friends still within your grasp. "I will protect you, even if it means I'll die today." You stepped outside and smiled in disbelief, as you saw Chifuyu standing before you on his bike. "Chifuyu?" I stuttered out, as he said,