For Better

[Takemichi's POV]

As Chifuyu and I walked away from Hakkai, Mitsuya, and (Y/n) my mind was swirling with so many thoughts. "Chifuyu.. Do you think this changed the future? Should I go back?" You had planned to tell Chifuyu and (Y/n) about your ability to time leap, but ended up only telling Chifuyu. You knew she would be going through a lot with the Hakkai and Hanma situation. Besides, you didn't really know if you could bring yourself to tell her about the future that was set out in front of her. Chifuyu stops as he turns and faces you, "Takemichi, you technically haven't done anything.. Mitsuya and (Y/n) were the one who cooled things over with the Black Dragons.. So wouldn't going back to the future right now be pointless?" You think about it as you sigh, "Yeah you're right. It could've been really bad if I had jumped back right now." You smiled at him, but before you had the chance to thank him, you heard an all too familiar voice. "Takemichi! Chifuyu!" Hakkai ran over to us, as I smiled at him. "Hey man, is everything alright?" Chifuyu asked as Hakkai finally stood before us. "No.. It's not..."

You both turn stiff as Hakkai sighs and says, "First and foremost I wanted to thank you, Takemichi. For being my bro. My family life.. Isn't the easiest to explain.. Both of our parents have been out of the picture for as long as I can remember, so Taiju is "the one in charge." He was always bigger and stronger than us, always able to speak to his underlings in a way that made them follow him." Hakkai sighs as he says, "More than anything.. Taiju is great at using violence.. His siblings being no exception to that.. He would always use violence as a form of love.. And at first I thought that was real love.. That it was supposed to hurt... but then Taka-chan came into my life, and turned everything upside down. His family life looked hard.. He had to care for his kid sisters, cook for them, all of it.. and all he ever did was smile about it.." You watched as Hakkai looked down, you saw tears slowly forming in his eyes. "He told me to use violence to protect.. and I tried so hard... I-I.. told Taiju I would take Yuzuha's beatings.. I.. I was tr-trying to protect her... but.. he broke his promise.." You and Chifuyu gasp, as Chifuyu angrily yells out, "What a fucking asshole!"

Hakkai wipes his tears away as he nods, "Exactly.. Taiju couldn't care less about the agreement he made with Taka-chan.. He... He'll never let Yuzuha go..." As he says this, you shoot Chifuyu a glare. You knew exactly what he was thinking.. Chifuyu was right.. You didn't change a damn thing... "Hakkai.." You said softly as he looked at you. "I can't face my brother.. standing before him.. it.. it makes me shake.. Th-That's why I quit... I-I didn't want to give Toman a bad name..." He pauses as he takes in a sharp breath. "No.. Hakkai please.. Don't say it.." He keeps his eyes closed as he softly says, "I... I'm going to use violence to protect my family... t-to protect my love... I-I.." He swallows hard as he opens his eyes, and says, "I'm going to kill Taiju." His words are cold, and emotionless. You know he's being serious but you have to stop him. "Hakkai. No. You can't. You know Mitsuya wouldn't want this! (Y/n) wouldn't want this!" Hakkai shakes his head as he begins to walk away. "Don't worry about me anymore Takemichi.. I.. I'm sorry I threw this on you.. Please.." He clenches his fists as he says, "Can I ask you for one more favor..." You hesitate, as you look at Chifuyu. He nods at you, as you softly say, "What is it.."

Hakkai sighs as he turns to face you. "Please.. Don't tell (Y/n).." Your breathing hitches, as you say, "Do..Don't tell her? Hakkai, the fuck is wrong with you! She cares about you so damn much! HOW THE HELL AM I NOT SUPPOSE TO TELL HER?!" You cover your mouth, as you calm yourself down. Hakkai doesn't falter as he says, "All the more reason not to tell her Takemichi. You saw her at that captains meeting. She can't handle this right now. So don't tell her a damn thing." His words were cold, but you could feel the fear behind his words. Chifuyu was in disbelief as he said, "She's our partner, how can you expect us to keep this from her? Why the hell did you tell us anyways?" He turns and begins to walk away, as he says, "I know you two care deeply about her. You won't tell her anything. As to why I told you," He stops and faces you as he says, "I'm putting it out there... because if I don't I'll get scared, and back down... I...I'm weak like that.."  You soften as Hakkai begins to walk away from you again. "Hakkai.. don't do this... If not for us, then for (Y/n)! This will break her Hakkai!" He stopped dead in his tracks as those words left your mouth. He balled his hands into fists as he said, "I'm sorry.. I don't have another choice..."