Unexpected Turn

As (Y/n) tended to Mitsuya's wounds, she told him the story of her first night in Japan, although he was well aware of how the night had ended.

".... and that's what happened." (Y/n) says as she finishes putting a bandage on Mitsuya's hand. "Why the hell hasn't Mikey brought this up?" Mitsuya says, frustration present in his voice. "I dunno," you scoff looking at him, "I thought Emma told him that night." Mitsuya looks at her a little confused, "She said she talked to Mikey?" (Y/n) thinks back, realizing she never did ask. "Actually, I never thought to ask. I just thought they were a group of idiots picking on her." Mitsuya stands up, anger whelming up in him.

"We have to go." He says as he grabs her hand, pulling her to the door, "We have to tell Mikey." You pull your hand out of his, causing him to stop. "Woah, woah. Relax Mitsuya. We can just tell him the next time we see him." Realistically, you still weren't ready to see him, still not sure on what to say to him. "No." he says sternly, breaking you from your thoughts. "We have to tell him now. We have to do something." You raise an eyebrow at him, "What do you mean do something? What can Mikey do?"

This amuses Mitsuya. "I knew she was oblivious, but not this oblivious. It's kinda cute." His thoughts are interrupted by (Y/n)'s voice, "Hey, what the hells so funny?!" Mitsuya chuckles as he asks her, "Just what do you think Toman is?" You're still painfully oblivious and say, "I dunno, another after school club?" Hearing this, Mitsuya bursts out laughing, a vein appearing on (Y/n)'s head. "She can take down 5 guys without so much as a scratch, but she can't put two and two together about what Toman is." Mitsuya thinks to himself. "I swear to god if you don-"

You're cut off by the sound of your phone ringing. You give him a glare, as you say, "This conversation isn't over." Mitsuya grins as he thinks to himself, "She's kinda hot when she's assertive." You answer the phone without checking the caller ID. "Hello?" you say, annoyance very clearly heard in your voice. "Woah, woah. Who the heck annoyed my baby sis." Cameron chuckles, knowing his sister better than anyone. Hearing his voice warns your heart, as you answer, "Oh my god, I'm so happy to hear your voice Cameron." Mitsuya overhears this and a tingle of jealousy emerges in him. "Stop it." he thinks to himself, "You've only known her technically one day. You can't help it if she has a boyfriend in America."

(Y/n) walks back into the room as she says, "How's my big bro doing?"

A wave of relief washes over Mitsuya, immediately followed by embarrassment. "Yep, I'm an idiot." You sit on your coach and motion for Mitsuya to come sit with you, as Cameron answers "I'm doing alright baby sis. I would do better IF YOU CALLED ME BACK ONCE IN A WHILE." He yells into the receiver causing you and MItsuya to laugh. "I'M SORRY OKAY?!" you scream back, "I promise I'll do better. Upside, I'm not dead, school's going great, and I've made more friends." Cameron sighs, knowing full well his sister is gonna continue to lag, but says "I'm at least glad for that. No fighting I presume?"

"God fuck. There it is." You think to yourself. "Of course he doesn't trust me. Honestly I can't blame him tho." "Yup, no fighting, no trouble." You glance at Mitsuya who shoots you a confused look. "By the way," you say before he has a chance to interrogate you more, "Mom? How's she doing?" Cameron goes silent. "What?" Panic rising within you. "What is it?" Cameron sighs, "Don't freak out." You sit upright, panic heard in your voice as you say, "Just say it already!" Mitsuya grabs your hand completely aware that something was wrong.

"She ran into dad again."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hang up so fast, not allowing Cameron to say another word. Before you can even process what was said, tears begin to stream down your face, and you begin to shake. "(Y/n)?!" Mitsuya says, sitting back up seeing you crying, "What's wrong?" You begin to hyperventilate as you softly start to say, "No.... no. There's no way. It can't be." The panic you feel begins to rise as you start to spiral. "I can't do this. Not again. This isn't happening. NO!" You scream before realizing Mitsuya had his arms around you, head resting on your shoulder. Before you can react he softly says, "Let it out. I won't ask you to explain anything, just please let me help you in some way."

In that moment nothing felt more at home. You had never felt this kinda support from anyone besides your brother, and it makes you feel warm. You melt into Mitsuya's arms as you break down crying. You punch his chest, frustration, anger, and fear overwhelming your senses. He doesn't flinch, he doesn't even let you go. He holds you close to his chest as you let it all out. After what felt like forever, you start to calm down, eyes red from all the crying you had done. "I'm sorry... for hitting you." You say, slightly embarrassed that he had to see you like this. "I-" You're interrupted by a kiss he places on your forehead, as he says, "Please don't apologize. I'd do anything to make you feel better." Blush creeps on to your cheeks as you pull yourself closer to him. "Thank you." you say softly. "Can we stay like this for a while?" Mitsuya smiles as he starts to rub your head, "I thought you'd never ask."

After about 30 minutes you finally pull away from Mitsuya. He takes your face in his hands and smiles at you. "Even after all that crying you're still so beautiful." This makes your cheeks turn a deep red, making Mitsuya smirk at you. Trying to avoid looking at him, you check your phone. "20 missed calls." You think to yourself "And he sent me some messages"

"Please call me back (Y/n)"

"We have to talk about this"

"(Y/n) please...."

"At least let me know you're okay..."

"I can't deal with this tonight. I can't handle it." You think to yourself as you type a message to him.

"I'm fine now. Just give me some time. Please Big Bro"

You sigh, turning your attention back to Mitsuya, who has been playing with your hair. You smile, as you say, "You know, you're kinda cute when you do stuff like that." A blush appears on his face, making you laugh. "If I knew it's be that easy to make you blush, I'd do it more often." You say as you get up unaware that Mitsuya was blushing even harder. "You want some dinner?" You ask walking to the kitchen. "Actually," Mitsuya says as he checks the time, "I should get going. It's pretty late." This makes you stop dead in your tracks."Why do I feel like this? Just ignore it." You turn back around as he tells you, "If you don't mind, I'll come by for breakfast" he winks at you as he starts to walk to the door.

"Don't do it." "You know you could say b-" he's interrupted by (Y/n)'s hand on your wrist, as she faces away from you. "God dammit. Don't you say it." "(Y/n)?" Mitsuya questions, concern plastered on his face. "(Y/n) keep your mouth shut." Mitsuya begins to ask, "Is everything alr-" but is cut off, as she says, "Please don't leave." His mouth opens slightly, surprised by her boldness. "Why do I want him to stay so much?" He begins to say, "W-what? A-are you ser-" he was once again cut off by the words he didn't know he was longing to hear.

"Please stay. I want you to stay." (Y/n) says softly, hesitating before saying,

"I need you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!! :)

Written on my 21st birthday. so here's to me :D

See you in the next one!