54

gosh damn I haven't updated this in a while lmao, anyways— btw, some of this was written a while ago so my style might change during it.

.........

Otto received a rather worrying call in the middle of the night. It was from young Harry Osborn, talking something about his mother leaving and he found his father on the kitchen floor- it was hard to understand fully, he seemed to be half asleep while keeping his scared tone. "Where is Norman?" Otto asked for the 5th time, the child huffed "I told you! On the kitchen floor, Banard isn't here!" 

The scientist sighed and decided not to ask any more questions; he got up from his comfy bed, put on his shoes and grabbed his coat, all while talking the best he could to Harry.

Once he got there, he was let in by the small boy. "Why don't you get to bed? I'll take care of Norman." he said softly, patting the boy's shoulder reassuringly. Harry looked happy enough at that, he wasted no time to run up the stairs and back to his room. Otto huffed a small laugh and sighed, looking over to the kitchen.

"Norman...?" He asked, not expecting any kind of answer. He heard a small grunt and the sound of a glass bottle rolling on the ground; "Jesus Norman." he looked around the counter, seeing the older man sprawled out on the tile floor he looked like he'd been there for a while. Without asking, Otto grabbed the other carefully, lifting him up and sitting him down on the chair.

"She left..." the drunk muttered, sniffling away on coming tears. Otto frowned and rubbed his back in a soothing manner. This had to have been the 10th time Emily left, truth be told Norman kept thinking they would work it out, even though she never cooperated with the idea.

"Osborn, this is the 10th time. You need to stop drinking yourself away." Otto wanted to smack him, yell at him that he had a child to take care of. Norman never listened, and in a way he didn't care about said child as much as he should have. "She'll come back..." Norman huffed sitting to the best of his abilities.

"Then what? You'll drink again?" Otto couldn't help the venom in his voice, but it went unnoticed by the other man. Norman scoffed and looked at his friend, his eyes showing sadness yet a certian numbness to the situation. Truthfully it just hurt having her leave on such a bad note, and how angry she always was; Harry always heard, or saw this, and it ate Norman up inside that he was doing this to his own son. He never took care of Harry like a child, and he was only realizing it now...

"Come on, Norman. Lets go up to your room." Ottos voice was sweet, but the older man knew he was angry, possibly resistanting the urge to smack him upside the head. It felt nice, being pulled up by Otto; being taken care of by such a sweet and understanding man was the plus side to being in a shitty marriage...maybe he should be wed to Otto instead, he'd provide much better company.

By the time Norman could think again, he realized he was in the bedroom, sitting up with the most horrible posture on the bed. Staring at Otto as he rummaged around his dresser drawer for some pajama pants or shorts. On any other occasion, Norman would have yelled at him for the invasion of privacy, kick him out and maybe thrown a few nasty words his way—but he didn't mind now, mostly because he didn't have the mind, to mind it.

"I'm not doing all the work for you, Osborn. Come on, get dressed." Otto shoved some red pants into Normans chest, making him grunt at the sudden impact. He looked down at them for a moment and nodded, getting up and trotting over to his bathroom. He knew Otto was right behind him, making sure to see wether or not he fell randomly. Otto turned around when the door shut, allowing himself to take a few breaths of relaxation.

He heard Norman stumbling about, turing on the sink and hacking up a storm–it would have worried him if he didn't know of Normans habit to make such sounds when brushing his teeth. 'At least he has the mind to do that.' Otto thought to himself, rubbing his forhead tiredly. The rich man would be back to normal in no time, ignoring everything and becoming that soulless business man everyone had come to accept.

Otto snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing the bathroom door open. Norman stood there with a glazed look, unsure of what to do now that he was out. Hopeless, this man was hopeless. "Osborn, don't just stand there." Otto sighed, going over to him and grabbing his arm softly, lightly guilding him back over to the bed. Norman laid down and stared at the bigger man as he covered him with the soft blanket.

"Alright, I'll clean up, alright? You just go to sleep." Otto said patting the part of the blanket on Normans chest, adding a certain tone to his voice that basically said 'if you get up, I'll hurt you.' yet it was unrecognizable to the drunk man staring at him. Norman huffed and looked to the ceiling above him, it was so very plain, and so very boring to look at...it put him right to sleep.

Otto smiled a little and clicked off the lamp beside the bed, slowly walking out of the room whilst cursing softly at the creaky wood beneath him. Once he was outside the room, he looked in one last time, making sure that he wasn't just faking it. Once sure Norman was really asleep, he softly closed the door and headed down the long hall to Harrys room, to check on him before going downstairs to clean up.

He peeked into the small boys room, he furrowed his brows with a smile. Harry was fast asleep, right next to his toy flashlight, shinning brightly at the ceiling in the shape of a star. Norman bought him that a while ago, Otto remembered being told about it. He closed the door gently and sighed, looking down to his feet.

He only hoped, as awful as it sounded, that Emily wouldn't return.