Chapter 46 - Voldemort's Heroism

Start from the beginning

Lily groaned softly as she swung her legs over the side of the bed and put her head down in an effort to quell the spiteful nausea that churned her stomach.

She rocked back and forth while she contemplated if she should rise and seek the toilet until the door to the bedroom suddenly swung open before Severus glided back inside.

Lily glanced up and saw the small vial of purple liquid that he carried.

"What's that?" She asked hoarsely.

"Anti-Sickness Potion." Severus replied. As he saw the concern in Lily's eyes, he added quickly, "Don't fret, my love. It's the same formula I gave you when you carried Ellery. Should there be a hidden passenger in your womb, the mixture will cause neither of you any harm."

Lily sighed as Severus sat down beside her and offered her the glass vial.

He frowned as he watched the tension on his wife's face as she shakily took the small vessel, raised it to her lips, and cautiously swallowed its contents.

Lily closed her eyes as Severus clasped one of her clammy hands in his and reassured her in his low drawl, "The feeling will pass in a moment, my love."

"That's not what worries me, Sev." Lily sighed as she opened her eyes and pouted at Severus, "......What are we going to do?"

"The same thing we did with Harriet and Ellery." Severus said very matter-of-factly, "I'll see to it that you stay comfortable in the coming months......And when the day comes for our next son and daughter to enter the world, I'll be beside you as I was with the others, my hand in yours, urging you on."

"But we can't!" Lily cried as she raised her hands, "We can't, Sev! I-"

Severus's eyes widened as he watched his wife's face pale.

Lily reached a shaky arm out as she gripped onto the bed and stood to her feet.

"Lily.......?" Severus asked anxiously.

He watched in shocked horror as her hand flew to her mouth before she dashed into the lavatory.

After she rushed into the small room, she bent down and began to expel her stomach contents into the toilet.

Severus frowned as he crouched behind her, pulled her crimson hair away from her face, and thoughtfully rubbed her back.

In Severus's mind, a pregnancy was the only logical cause that could explain Lily's unfortunate bout of sickness.

Lily gagged as his thoughts raced while he contemplated what adding a third child to their family would mean until he heard another noise from outside the lavatory, somewhere down the hall.

"W-What's that?" Lily asked weakly as she flushed the toilet.

Severus helped her wipe her face before she looked up at him and furrowed her brow at the sound, "Sev?......Go and see what that is, I'm alright for now. I feel a bit better, actually."

"Are you certain?" Severus asked.

"Yes." Lily nodded as she leaned against the wall of the nearby bathtub and nodded, "Go on......."

Severus pressed a quick kiss to her forehead before he swept out of the bathroom and down the hall.

His dark eyes narrowed to slits as he heard the sounds of vomiting echo through the hallway.

Severus dashed across the narrow corridor and threw open the door to the first small bathroom on his left.

His black eyes widened at the sight that greeted him.