Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Scott shows up only moments later but with Stiles life on the line it feels like hours. He's not even out of the car before I'm right there running up to the van. "We need to hurry!" I yell at him. "I know so get in and explain to me what happened." He says sitting back down in the driver's seat and shutting the door. I do the same but he makes no move to turn on the car as we continue to sit in the driveway. "I'm not moving this car until you tell me what happened." He says turning towards me. "Ok so me and Stiles were talking and we got in a fight, so he left the room. Then I came downstairs to apologize when I found the door smashed and Stiles gone." I say and he nods. "How do you know who took him?" Scott asks. "There were claw marks on the floor from someone's foot and there's only one werewolf I know who has those." I say. "This is just great. So you think your dad might be behind this?" He asks even though he probably already knows the answer. "Yes defiantly, I mean who else would take Stiles other than to get to me." I say. "Well at least we know that they can't kill him because its the only thing he can hold against you." Scott has a point but suddenly I realize something I cant believe I didn't think of before, the true reason my dad took Stiles. "Scott we need to find him now! My dad might keep him alive for a little while to see if I'll negotiate but the minute he thinks I won't, he's going to kill him!" I yell at him and he turns on the car. "What why would he do that?" Scott panics. "He knows Stiles is my biggest weakness. He's the only thing keeping me from becoming a monster, he's my anchor and if my dad kills him he knows that's what it will take to push me over the edge. With nothing to keep me grounded its the perfect chance to get me to join his pack and finally become the blood thirsty alpha he's always wanted me to be." I say as it all starts to make sense, unfortunately I've figured it out a moment to late. "Oh crap, I have to call Isaac and Derek." He says thinking the same thing I am.

Scott calls Isaac then Derek telling them to search the reserve for any signs of Stiles or the alpha pack while I try calling Ethan for help but get no answer. He pulls the car out of the driveway and we speed down the street towards my house. "Where are we going?" I ask as my hands shake uncontrollably from the possibility of what could be happening to Stiles. "We're going to go check out the abandoned warehouse buildings your dad took your mom to last time." He responds. "You think my dad might have taken him there?" I ask. "Lucy at this point I honestly don't know but I would search to the ends of the earth if it meant not having to loose my best friend." Scott says and I nod because I understand what he's going through. "I would do the same" I say. After that he makes no other attempt at conversation so we ride the rest of the way to the buildings in silence.

It's not long before the dark, gloomy buildings come into view, towering over us even from this distance. As Scott pulls the van up, I can feel something's off and as I step out of car I catch the packs scent along with Stiles, but it smells old like they haven't been there recently. We walk inside cautiously with our claws out incase it turns out to be some sort of trap. I check the top two floor while Scott scouts out the bottom but I find nothing, coming out feeling even emptier than before. "Lucy come here!" Scott shouts from downstairs and I immediately take off running towards his voice hoping he found something or better yet someone. I get to the room and when I walk in I'm disappointed to only find Scott standing in the centre of the room, next to him something is written on the floor. I walk over to get a closer look and realize its the alpha pack's symbol drawn on the floor in dark ink. "Wait a minute, is that what I think it is?" I ask looking closer at what exactly its written in. "Yes it's blood, but don't worry it's not Stiles." He was right about that but as I catch the scent I realize it is just as bad. It wasn't Stiles blood they had used for the symbol, it was Ethan's. Scott must have already realized this as he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Lucy don't worry we'll find them. Their just doing this to de-rail you, so you can't let it get to you, alright?" He asks and I nod. "Ok then we need to go search somewhere else because their obviously long gone from here by now." Scott says and we head out towards the car.

We're just getting to the Scott's car when my phone rings in my pocket. Scott stops walking as I pull it out and check the caller ID. Once I realize its Ethan's number I don't hesitate answering. "Thank god Ethan your ok, we were worried something bad had happened to you since we found a symbol in the warehouse buildings drawn with your blood." I ramble on. "Oh so I see you got our message then." A girls voice responds from the other end of the line instead of Ethan's. Scott's eyes widen as he realizes who's talking. "It's you! What have you done with Stiles and Ethan?" I demand but only laughter comes from the other end of the phone. "Nothing yet but that could change quite fast if you don't follow the instructions I'm about to give you." She says. "If you ever want to see your friends again then you will meet us at the edge of the Beacon Hills reserve tonight. Come alone or they will be killed on sight and don't try to fool us because we will know if you bring company." And with that she finishes her threat and ends the call leaving Scott and I in the warehouse parking lot, with no idea of what to do next.