Chapter 22

Chapter 22

 It doesn't take me long to figure out who they are just by staring into their bloodthirsty red eyes. Coming to the conclusion that they are from the alpha pack, I know I have to get out of here. But I barely reach the edge of the clearing before one of the twins grabs me by the ankle. Terror ceases my stomach and he digs his claws deep into my flesh. I cry out as a searing pain engulfs my senses. No longer able to stand, I stumble to the ground with the boy's claws pushing deeper into my leg.

The other one, Ethan- who I can only tell apart from Aiden by what he is wearing- stalks toward me. "Lucy, I want you to understand I am not here to hurt you, but my brother on the other hand won't think twice if you try to run again." Aiden's grip on my leg tightens, reminding me to take Ethan's warning seriously. "You see, I'm the smart one. Where Aiden is more strength and brute force. So if I were you I wouldn't want to get on his bad side." The boy's lips curl upward to reveal a set of sharp canines and he digs his claws into my ankle one last time before returning to his brother's side.

"If you're going to kill me, get it over with!" I snarl through gritted teeth. I am in too much pain to shift, much less crawl to my feet and fight.

Ethan tilts his head at me in confusion. "What makes you think we want to kill you? If anything, you should be thanking us for giving you the bite." There is a hitch in his voice when he says us. Ethan had no part in my attack and either did his brother. The creature was an alpha, but it was stronger, older and wiser in every way. Even a pack of alphas had to have its leader. "As much as you want to hate it, that sudden rush of power is like nothing you have ever experienced. Am I right?" Ethan asks, rhetorically.

I stare him down with a look of pure hatred in response. I try to stand, but my ankles give out and unable to support my own weight, I slump to the ground. "Why am I not healing?"

Ethan comes and leans down in front of me. "Since we are alphas, the damage we do to betas doesn't heal as fast as it usually would. I bet that is something your little pack leader- Derek hasn't told you."

I try to prove him wrong and stand, but he is right. I am not healing anytime soon. Unable to fight my way out, I would have to convince them I wasn't of use to Derek or his pack. "I'm not in Derek's pack." I growl in response.

"Well that is a good thing, because we want you in ours." Ethan says, enthusiastically.

The statement leaves my mouth before I can stop myself. "But I'm not an alpha."

Aiden decides to speak up for the first time. "No you aren't, but that can change." His lips twist into deranged grin. This isn't good.

Ethan can see the fear that sparks in my eyes at the sight of his brother and his voice quickly drops to a comforting tone. "What my brother is trying to say, is that someone can become an alpha by killing one and lately, Derek has become somewhat of a threat to us."

The realization of what they want me to do finally sets in. "You want me to kill Derek?" My tone is questionable despite already having the answer. I square my shoulders and tilt my head up to meet Ethan's cold stare. "Well, what if I don't want to be apart of your pack either?"

The boy smiles, admiring my courage. "Oh trust me you will, because if you don't- we will kill everyone you have ever cared for. Starting with your mother." The intensity in Ethan's voice increases with each word.

I might not care for my mother as much as a daughter should, but I couldn't bare seeing her get hurt because of me. Something tells me they know that.

"Maybe, we might even kill your poor, defenseless, little boyfriend too. What's his name, Stiles?" Aiden asks, his smirk no longer devious, but cruel.