Chapter 39

Chapter 39

"You honestly think I'm going to turn evil?" I say in astonishment. "After what I saw last night I don't know what to think anymore." Stiles whispers. "Stiles I know before I thought werewolves being real was insane but this just isn't possible. I'm not some ticking time bomb ready to explode and I would never try to hurt you Stiles!" I say and he laughs in response. "Are you seriously kidding me?" He yells. "If this is about last night I couldn't control what had happened!" I snap at him. "It's not just about last night Lucy it's about everything leading up to it. All the lies and excuses you've been telling me for months now need to stop." Stiles says. "What are you even talking about." I ask clearly knowing the answer and Stiles slams his hand down on the desk. "Stop lying to me Lucy. I know everything including your secret werewolf boyfriend." The shock on my face gives it away so Stiles continues. "The worst part is you told me the first time you kissed him, it was just a big misunderstanding and that you loved me and only me. Clearly that meant nothing to you after the third kiss. Lucy I'm was your best friend, you could have come to me about anything and I would have understood but instead you go to everyone but me."

"How did you..." I start to say but he cuts me off. "Figure it out? Well here's the real kick in the ass, you told me. Ya turns out the wolf side of you not only loves to kill but she's quiet the gossiper too." He finishes. "Stiles I'm so sorry I never meant to hurt you." I say trying to get him to look at me. "Get out!" He whispers. "What?" I ask in astonishment. "You heard me, get out of my house and never come back!" He yells. I walk to his bedroom door but before I can say anymore he slams the door in my face. As I walking out of that house, I think about how I just lost the best friend I ever had.

I get home to find my mom sitting on the couch back early from work. She smiles as I close the door. "Hey sweetie." Sweetie? I haven't heard that name in a while. "Hey, why are you home so early?" I ask. "Well I was thinking I've been taking a lot of over time lately and I decided to take the rest of the day off to spend with you instead." She says with a smile finally sounding like the normal mom I wanted her to be but I know she is the farthest thing from it. I mean What normal person keeps hidden compartments in their office full of AK47's. " Mom I appreciate it but I've had a long day so I think I'll just go to bed if that's ok?" I ask. "Ya ok." She says disappointedly turning back to the tv.

I walk into my closet sized room which I've grown to live with and fall onto the bed. I check my phone to find several texts from Scott, Allison and even Lydia but none from the one person I really want to talk to. I can't blame Stiles though because if I was in his position I would probably do the same thing. I'm just starting to drift off into dreamless sleep when I'm jolted awake by the sound of screams coming from the living room. I run in thinking my moms in danger only to find her surrounded by broken glass, pointing a gun at my dads head.