Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The next morning goes past quiet fast and before I know it I'm sitting in a very uncomfortable chair in Beacon Hills High office waiting impatiently for the principle to come give me my class schedule. After a few moments of this I decide to look around and see if this school looks any different than the twenty other ones I've been to. After looking around at my fellow students I defiantly regret my choice of clothing I wore today. This might be a small town but that doesn't mean it was a poor town. Everyone's decked out in dresses and leather jackets meanwhile I'm wearing a faded Beatles t-shirt and a old, worn out, pair of ripped jeans. This is defiantly not a good way to start off at my new school.

I effectually head back to the office only to find a tall, older looking man in a ironed to perfection suit with a equally perfect scowl forming on his lips. So this must be the principle.

"Where have you been? You where suppose to be here twenty minutes ago. Being tardy on your first day is no way to make a impression!" I've had plenty of principles like him before thinking they are higher than everybody else and I know it's useless to argue with him about his tardiness rather than mine. So without saying a word I follow him to his office and sit down.

"Tardiness aside you must be Lucy Mordre. Well it's a pleasure to have you here at our school." Two minutes ago he looked like he rather preferred I go to any school but this one. I put on a smile anyways and accept the school schedule he gives me

"Thanks I can't wait to get started". As I say this I see his fake smile slip just a little and I know I've come across as sarcastic rather than enthusiastic. My naturally sarcastic tone is why I've gotten into trouble in the past with teachers at other schools and I know I need to stop now before it goes to far. I take the schedule and quickly hurry out of the office.

  I'm in such a rush to get out of the office I don't even watch where I'm going until its to late. A guy comes barreling around the corner ramming right into me, and sending me along with the contents of my bag flying across the floor. As I look up at the man he defiantly isn't ugly. He has short brown hair that spikes up at the front and eyes the lightest green Ive ever seen. But instead of helping me up, he yells at me "Watch where your going!" and pushes past me. I mutter a half hearted apology under my breath as I try to pick up the books that had scattered everywhere upon impact. While dodging people's feet as they rush past without even giving me a second glance. But then something I was never expecting happened, someone stops right in front of me either to help or to laugh and step on my hands. At this point I wouldn't put it past anyone, but the young boy bends down and starts picking up my books. I'm shocked that someone actually wanted to help me that I don't realize I'm staring at him until his chocolate brown eyes meet with mine. The guy has short, almost buzz cut hair and the most surprising thing of all is the Beatles shirt he was wearing, almost identical to mine.

He hands me back my books "Sorry about Jackson he can be pretty mean sometimes, he thinks he's so great because he's popular and drives a Porsche. But don't let that fool you, somewhere under that cold shell he's a good guy." The boy pauses when he catches the confused look I was giving him. "Sorry I should probably introduce myself. Hi, I'm Stiles." Stiles now that is a interesting name. He offers his hand and I awkwardly exchange the gesture, taken back by his talkative personality. "What's your name?" He asks when it becomes clear I'm not going to speak up.

"Lucy... Lucy Mordre." I cringe as I stutter my name, I don't know what it is about this guy but he makes me nervous.

"So Lucy are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around town?" Stiles questions continue.

"Um ya, I just got here last night and I'm already having trouble finding my classes." I have a feeling not being able to find my classes will be the least of my problems.

"Here let me take a look at your schedule." His eyes quickly scan the paper. "Oh you have chemistry first, that's just down the hall and to your right." at least I won't be completely lost now

"Ok thanks" I barely manage to say, but Stiles doesn't leave at what was support to be a goodbye. Instead he stays.

"Hey if you want at lunch you can come eat with my friends and I?" I was really just planning on eating alone today but if I say no I'll look like a loner, and Stiles seemed like genuinely good guy to hang out with.

"Ya sure, that would be nice". My response triggers a wide smile to slip onto Stiles lips as he turns to walk away. But before he can disappear he turns back one last time to speak.

"See you at lunch then. Oh and Lucy by the way I like your shirt". I found myself returning the smile at the thought of his words. Thanks to Stiles this was looking up to be a great day.