Chapter 4

Chapter 4

  Lunch couldn't have come faster. The schools might always be different but the classes are never anything more than boring. The only class I've ever liked was gym just because it seemed to take my mind of the bigger problems in my life by keeping my mind occupied with sports. When the bell finally rings I bolt out of the classroom and in the direction of what I hoped was the cafeteria. Beacon Hills High's cafeteria is about the same size as the one in the last school I went to only the food actually looks edible. Looking around there are plenty of tables just none that are empty. It doesn't take me long to figure out where each group sits. All the popular people and sports teams eat at the tables off to the right, then the kids into art and music sit in the middle of the room along with some of the smarter kids who look like they could all work for NASA some day. In the far left its the kids who don't fit into any of the other groups, to put it in better lack of the terms, the outsiders. Exactly were I fit in.

As I walk over to the group of tables I see Stiles waving me over to come sit with him. When I get to where he's sitting I realize he's not alone, another boy sits directly across the table from him. As I sit down Stiles waste no time introducing me to his friend.

"Lucy this Scott, Scott this is Lucy Mordre. She just moved here". Scott takes a moment to look up from his food to exchange a welcome. I can tell he's shy like me and isn't one for talking unlike Stiles. Scott has long, shaggy, brown hair that hangs down just above his eyes which appear to be a dark chocolate colour, but its hard to tell without having to stare at him.

The rest of the lunch goes smoothly as Stiles and I chat about little things like our favourite bands and movies, even Scott joins in at one point to. The rest of the school day goes quickly after that and before I know it the final bell rings to signal school is over for another day. I put my books in my locker and waste no time starting on the unfamiliar path home. The school isn't to far from my house which works in my favour considering my mom refuses to buy me a car even though she has more than enough money to buy one and its not like I didn't get my license when I turn 16 a year ago like everybody else.

I soon realize something's off as I walk, I feel like I'm being watched but when I look there's nobody around. As I continue to walk I see something move out of the corner of my eye and turn to see a man probably only a few years older than me with brown hair and a black leather jacket on. It's hard to make out anymore than that about this mysterious man because he's so far away but one things clear he's staring right at me.