Chapter 99

Onyx's POV
I was leaving work when, I got a frantic call from my sister. River had gone missing. I drove as fast as I could to, get to their school. I ran in to get her. She ran up to me.

"Okay. Okay. What happened?"

"W-we were in lunch a-and..."

She told me everything.

"Okay. This is all my fault. I'm the one who, suggested enrolling you two here."

Alexia shook her head.

"No no. Y-you didn't know. We didn't either until, we walked in. Someone in history did look at me. He made me uncomfortable. I wasn't sure if, I should tell you. Someone also told me to meet them behind the building."

I immediately unenrolled my sister. I had River's mom do the same thing. Jennifer started hyperventilating.

"Lex what's wrong?"

"D-do you get l-like this w-when Prim g-gets hurt?!"

"Yes. Why?"

"I-I think, I love him!"

"Are you sure this time? You're not just saying shit?"

"Y-yes!"

"Alright. Alright. Relax. Do you remember what this guy looks like?"

"Yes! H-his face is haunting me already! H-he drugged Riv!"

"We'll find him. We're gonna find him."

She talked to the police. She was shown, the security cameras in the school. She pointed out who took River.

"Onyx w-what do I do?!"

"Okay first..you gotta relax."

She started hugging me tightly.

"I'm scared!"

"I know. I know."

Me too.

When we got home, she ran up to her room.

"What's wrong?"

"Someone took River during school. Me and Dakota unenrolled them. T-this is my fault."

"No no. You didn't know. You didn't go there for school. This isn't on you."

"I-I thought it was a good school." I said as my voice cracked.

Primrose cupped my face.

"We all did. We all thought, it was a good school too. This isn't on you. This is on anyone. We're gonna find him."

"S-she told me she loves him!"

"O-oh...is this why you're panicking?"

"Kinda!"

"Shhh. Don't shout. They kids are sleeping."

I felt my hand being held. I looked down. I saw Marionette.

"Why are you sad?"

I sniffled.

"One of Aunt Alex's friends...went missing."

She started hugging me.

"It's okay Onyx. Your dad is good at finding people. So is Chelsea. I'm sure every cop looking for him, is good at finding people."

I went up to my sister's room. I knocked on the door.

"Alex? C-can I come in?"

"Mhm."

I opened the door. I walked into the room. My sister was underneath her blanket.

"I promise...he'll be found. I-I don't know how long it'll take but...he'll come home."

She uncovered her face and sat up.

"D-don't make promises, you can't keep."

I walked up to her bed.

"We're going to find him. You can look for him. I'll help only if...you keep up with school. You're starting online on Friday."

"I-I won't be able to focus!"

"I know. We'll find a way to help you. Hey uh...don't tell anyone this but...I'm starting to like that kid."

Her face lit up.

"R-really?!"

"Yeah. He seems nice. So far, everything you've said about him is true. And he was willing to step up to, help take care of a child that's not his...Prim did the same thing with MJ. Maybe...this kid is good for you. Don't get me wrong. I'm still ripping his head off if, he hurts you."

"I know. So does he."

I started hugging her.

"Listen. I trust you. You're a smart kid. You know, what you're ready for. If you wanna jump into things, then okay."

"W-why are you telling me this?"

"I see the way you look at him. You look...happy. I'm pretty sure, I fell for Prim fast. So...I understand. Be careful though. If I catch you sneaking outta this house to go look for him, you'll be in trouble."

"H-how'd you know, I-I was thinking about that?"

"I think, I did that. Don't try to self medicate either. I'll get you help. Wake me when, you can't sleep. We can just chill and talk or watch something. We can go for a drive if you want. Alright?"

"O-okay."