Chapter 85

Primrose's POV
"At least, let me throw a birthday party for you."

"No. Nobody gives a shit about, me getting older. All they see is, a troublemaker."

"Baby what the hell? Onyx...y-you're breaking my heart, talking like this."

"I'm serious. My birthday, is just another day. There's nothing special about it."

"Huh?! What the hell?! It's not just another day! Y-you're getting older! You should be celebrated!"

"It's nice to see that, at least you think that way."

"I'm calling Chris. You're not getting outta this. You deserve this."

He let me go.

"I'm not taking "No!" as an answer from your family, about this. You're getting a goddamn party. I'll throw one myself if, it comes down to it."

"W-who'd go?"

"My family loves you. They'd be there. Maybe, I can get in touch with some of your old friends."

"Baby I don't talk to them. We all went, our separate ways. It's just how it ended up. D-don't go digging."

"Fine. I'm still calling your father. You deserve to be happy. That's it. That's the end of this conversation. You're going to be happy on your birthday."

"I-I.."

Onyx's POV
I watched her walk away.

Goddamnit.

She's determined.

I'll give her that.

The last time, I had a birthday party...I was 13.

God I wish, everyone still cares.

I stood up. I walked downstairs. I saw Primrose pacing around the dining room. I want to the kitchen to get a drink.

"Chris, you know what he's been through. He needs this."

Good luck with that.

I opened the fridge and grabbed a bottle of soda. I opened it, above the sink in case, it exploded. It did thankfully. Someone rang the doorbell so, I walked to the front door. I looked out the window. I saw Cody.

If he asks for money...I'll knock him out.

I opened the front door. I left the screen door closed.

"I'm not feeding into your drugs."

"Damn, you seriously don't believe I'm clean?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time believing you because...oh I dunno...you fell off the face of the earth for years?"

"Dude what's your issue?"

"You left me alone. We had each other's backs. I was there for you when, you needed me the most. Where were you when, I needed you?"

"Oh come on. Your life must've been better without me."

"Excuse me? Do you not know the chaos and confusion that's, going on? The man I thought was my dad, isn't. The man I grew up seeing as my uncle, is actually my dad. My life has been a lie. Is that better without you?"

"Dude...what the fuck? This isn't how I remember you."

"Well...that innocent kid, is dead now. He died the moment, you left. I have depression now because of your actions. Would you like to see my goddam wrists?"