Chapter 74

Primrose's POV
I hope that really made him feel better.

Holy shit.

I honestly didn't think it'd work.

I laid back down and started using my phone and earbuds. I saw my mom started texting me.

                    *Text Message with Mom*
Mom: How are you three?

Primrose: Nyx and MJ are sleeping. Please don't tell me you're gonna bail him out."

Mom: We won't.

Primrose: Good.

Mom: Your sister is worried.

Primrose: Tell her that Mari's gonna be fine. Nyx is waking up. I'll talk to you later.

*End of Text Message*
I really don't feel like talking to her right now.

I'm still mad at her.

She brought him right to my house.

I went back to using my phone. Every now and then, I'd check on Onyx and Marionette.

I hope they sleep for a while.

I heard a whimper so I got up.

Is that Onyx?

I walked over to the bed. I saw a tear on Onyx's face.

"Nyx?"

I started shaking him.

"Baby? Is everything okay?"

"I feel like shit."

"Why?"

"I feel like I'm a failure."

Fuck.

Not this again.

"This was outta your control."

"I still failed."

"Stop talking like that. Onyx stop."

"She must hate me now."

"Nyx I don't think, she hates you. One day, I'm sure she'll understand that, you did what you did to protect her."

I kissed the side of his head. I started playing with his hair.

"What do I have to do to, get rid of this mindset?"

"I have absolutely no idea. I-I'm sure you'll find a way. You always do."

"You do have a point."

"You know how to take me out of this mindset. Sometimes, it does take a while. I'm really grateful for you. I genuinely am."

"Aw baby. I'm grateful for you too."

"I'm scared I-I lose you and everyone else that I love."

"I'm aware of that. You don't show it or say it much but, I am aware."

"Do I make it obvious?"

"To me? Yes. To everyone else? Probably not. But it's obvious for me since, I'm with you 24/7. I've always seen through your masks. Your fake smiles are easy for me to point out. You've been having a few of those lately."

"I-I have?"

"Well...I at least think so. I could be wrong. Did something happen with your family? Did someone die?"

"No. I've been depressed lately."

"Do you know why?"

"Is there a reason?"

"I'm not sure. I-it just happens sometimes."

"Be honest. Should I worry about you?"

"No no. Please don't. I'm not depressed like that."

"You sure?"

He looked at me.

"I am okay. You trust me right?"

"Yeah. I-I do. Why do you ask?"

"Just making sure."

"Your eyes are telling me that something's wrong."

"Fuck."

"Spill."

"I uh...rather not talk about it."

"I'm gonna slap you in about 3 seconds if you don't tell me."

He sighed.

"My family hates me. Okay? There. I said it."

"Oh god...who said what?"

"Who do you think?"

"Cecelia?"

"Mhm. I knew she was full of shit."

I ran my fingers through his hair again.

"She called me the other day. Remember when I said I was talking to Axel?"

"You lied?"

"I-I'm so sorry. You're more important than her. I didn't want to upset you even more. That's the only and last one I'll lie. I'm so used to lying. I-I just feel like...it protects people. It definitely protects MJ."

"You think, I'm more important than your mother?"

"Yes. That's EXACTLY what I am saying."

Why do I...feel like I had to hear that?

I felt tears forming.

"I-I never thought, that you think that about me."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I love you so fuckin much. I know I say it a lot. And I know you probably get annoyed when I say it."

"I actually don't. I love hearing you say it. What did Cecilia say?"

"Nothing I haven't heard before. It mainly consisted of her swearing she'll change. Yes, it may have been true at some point. But no? It's just empty words at this point. I cannot trust her at all. She's given me no reason to. Hell, she even makes MJ sad. That absolutely killed me when, Mari told me."

"O-oh god. W-we'll figure out this mess soon. Do you think, your meds have to be adjusted or changed?"

"I honestly have no idea."

"You've been taking it every day yes?"

"Yes. I make sure I take them. If I forget, you or MJ yell at me. It's like...you both know."

"We know you, better than you know yourself. We know how you are when, you don't take them."

I kissed him.

"We're not dumb."

"I never said you were."

"I know. I'm just saying. Did you know, I needed to hear that, I'm more important than your mother?"

"Guess I finally knew the words to say to, make you feel better. I feel so selfish. I hardly ask how you are. You just...always seem happy. I know that, I shouldn't assume things. Out of all people...I should be the one to see through the fake smiles."

"You don't seem them because, I don't have them. You both make me really happy."

"You do know that, being pregnant can make you depressed right?"

"Yes. I do. My mom was when, she was pregnant with my sister. I know how it can get. I'll be fine."

"I wish...I see things, the way you do. Do you even hate anybody?"

"Yeah. I hate your mother."

He smirked.

"As fucked up as that sounds, I'm glad. Now I know, it's not just me. I've been thinking about what you say the other day."

"About the no contact?"

"Yes. I want to do but...at the same time...I don't think I can."