Chapter 14

Primrose's POV
When I woke up, I saw I was holding Marionette's hands. I saw Onyx walk into his room.

"Hey. How do you feel?"

"Scared still. Thanks again."

"You're welcome. Besides being scared, how are you?"

"I feel like I'm fine but, at the same time I'm not sure. Oh! I'm still wearing your shirt. I'll give it back to you."

I got up and went to my bag.

"Don't worry. You can keep it. You look comfortable. I'm going to put MJ in her room. I'll be back."

He picked Marionette up and walked away. He came back without her. He walked back into his room then shut the door.

"Let's talk."

He sat down in front of me on his bed.

"Is this a bad talk it a good talk?"

"I think it's a good talk. I-I don't know how to start so, I'm just gonna say it. I really really like you. I wanna be with you."

I smiled.

"I wanna be with you too."

There was a knock on the door. Onyx went over to it and opened it. His brother Alexander was the one who knocked.

"You're screwed!"

"Huh? Why? I haven't hit anyone."

"Amy's out!"

"What?!"

"She's outside."

"FUCK! Baby go grab MJ and hide."

"Damn. You're together now?"

"I will deck you Zander."

"Where am I hiding?"

"Fuck. I didn't think of that. Uh. Oh! Hide in my closet! There's an extra room. It's behind a rack of clothes. A bin is covering it. There's some toys in there for her. Grab her and hide there. Don't come out until I say so. Alright?"

"Okay. I thought you have full custody."

"Yeah. I do."

We heard glass shatter. Then we heard Marionette scream. We started running. The window in her room was broken.

"Baby call your parents! Alex call the cops and Ty!"

Onyx jumped out the window. We did as he said. My mom was at Tyla's house within 4 minutes. 19 minutes after that, an alert was sent out about Marionette. An hour after that Onyx came back. He walked in the front door then grabbed me. He started hugging me. Then he did something I've never seen him do. He put his face in the crook of my neck and started crying.

"I lost her! I lost my little girl! I-I'll never forgive myself! I-I let Amy take her! I hate my life right now! I'm a horrible father!"

I started rubbing his back.

"Don't say that. You're not."

"I left her alone!"

"You didn't know this would happen."

"Amy wasn't supposed to get out until MJ's 18! She tried to fucking kill me!"

He fell to his knees. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his forehead on my stomach. I rubbed his back while I craddled his head. He was holding me so tightly, I was able to feel his nails digging into my skin. I looked at my mom and Alexander. They both were terrified.

When Tyla got back she saw how he was.

"I have to look for her!"

"Onyx you're in no condition to look."

He didn't listen. He grabbed my hands and we ran out to his car.

"Nyx you should really give this a second thought."

"I-I can't! You don't understand! She means everything to me! I get up in the middle of the night whenever she cries! I lay in bed with her when she has nightmares, o-or when she doesn't want to be alone."

He drove all night. He started being ruder to everyone at school.

"Onyx think this through."

"I have! I refuse to give up on her!"