Chapter 90

Onyx's POV
"Is it bad that, I'm kinda liking being pregnant?"

"I don't think so. My mom loved it. Amy on the other hand...wanted to..well..jump out a window."

"O-oh god."

"Yeah. Well, now I know Marionette wasn't the only one making her sick."

"Okay don't get mad at me for saying this but..she kind deserved that."

I chuckled.

"Yeah. She really does. You know what one of the firsts things Mal said to me were?"

"No."

"He went "Are you my daddy?" And let me tell you. It hurt. I immediately told him that, I am and Amy's not his mom anymore."

The doorbell rang.

"That should be my dad with the twins. I'll be back. Do you need or want anything while I'm up?"

"No."

"Alright. I'll be right back."

I kissed her then, went downstairs. I went to the front door and opened it. I saw my dad and my kids.

"Hi! Were they good?"

"Oh yeah. They were fine. Oh! I found a therapist for Marionette. I can text you, everything if you want."

"Please do that. I think Kai needs it too. Did he have any nightmares?"

"He had a few. Mari calmed him down."

"How's mommy?"

"For right now, she's okay. Be careful. She's in bed."

"Daddy? Can do we the breakfast in bed for mommy now?"

"I think, she'd really love that. Especially right now. Dad do you wanna come in?"

"I can?"

"Yeah. I-I kinda...sorta..need help."

The twins and my dad stepped inside. I shut the door and locked it.

"Kids, mommy's in our room. If she's sleeping, go play in the playroom. Don't mention the breakfast in bed. That's a surprise."

Marionette grabbed Malakai's hand. They both started running. Me and my dad sat on the couch.

"You've been crying, haven't you? Your eyes are red and puffy."

"Yeah...I'm really blaming myself for this. If I just...let him stay with us...this would have not happened."

"You can't do that to yourself. You did what you thought is right."

"Prim and the kids..they mean the world to me. I just...I really don't wanna screw this up anymore."

"People fight all the time. It's normal."

"I don't think, you're understanding what I'm saying. Our last conversation that day...was that fight. I-it was almost our last conversation. That's terrifying to think of."

I put my head in my hands.

"You're a good kid. You'll figure out how, to make this right."

"I dunno how to though."

He put his hand on my shoulder.

"You've got this. Don't stress yourself out about it."

I leaned back into the couch.

"It's so hard to not do that."

"I know. Try starting with that breakfast in bed, Mari was talking about. I've gotta go now. Seanna's gonna have my ass if, I miss dinner again."

After he left, I just sat on the couch.

I should go and check on them.

I stood up. I went to my room. I found Primrose and the kids, in my bed. The three of them, were sleeping. I smiled a little bit. I walked up to my side of the bed. I saw, there was enough room for me. I laid down. I started watching them sleep.

So..

I shouldn't stress out.

That's gonna be hard.

Marionette rolled over to face me.

"Hi daddy."

"Hello princess. Is mommy in pain?"

"No. She's okay."

Marionette started snuggling with me.

"You look sleepy."

"You're right. I kinda am."

"Sleep then."

"I might."

I shut my eyes.

Your family..is right in front of you.

You didn't lose them.

They're right there.

Don't let them go ever again.

I opened my eyes and saw, I was in my bed alone. I heard crying. I sat up. I saw Primrose in the bathroom. She was trying to open a pill bottle.

"Please open! Please!"

I got up and walked to the bathroom.

"Prim? What's wrong?"

"I can't get this fuckin bottle open! It hurts to move my shoulder!"

"Okay. Relax. Hand me the bottle."

She handed me the pill bottle. I opened it.

"Remember..this won't hurt Roxie."

"I know! Please just give me it!"

"Okay. Okay. Do you have a drink?"

She ran out of the bathroom.

"Primy?"

I took out a pill then, closed the bottle. I walked after here.

"Babe? Where are you?"

I found her in the kitchen. She was trying to find something to drink. I ran up to her.

"Hey what do you want? Do you want water? Soda? Ice tea? What do you want?"

She grabbed a bottle of soda. She handed it to me so, I could open it. I opened it and handed it back to her. I gave her the pill next. She put it in her mouth. She poured some soda into her mouth. She swallowed everything.

"It's okay."

"H-how did you do it?"

"How'd I do what?"

"Deal with this pain. Oh god...am I going to feel like this when, I'm in labor?"

"Okay that's a few weeks from now. Let's get through this first."

I cupped her face.

"Look at me. You're gonna be fine. Go sit down on the couch. I'll get you some ice okay?"

She nodded. I kissed her forehead. I watched her walk over to the couch. She laid down on the chaise part of the couch. I grabbed a sandwich bag and put some ice in it. I closed it and walked to the living room. Primrose was crying. I ran over to her. I grabbed something and tied the bag of ice around her shoulder.

"Is that too tight?"

She shook her head. I heard footsteps getting closer to me.

"Daddy?! Why is mommy crying?!"

Marionette ran up to me.

"She's in a lot of pain. Where's your brother?"

I looked behind Marionette. Malakai was hiding behind her.

"Hey buddy. You okay?"

"He's worried about mommy."

I crouched down.

"She's gonna be fine."

Marionette ran over to the couch. She climbed up onto it.