Chapter 69

Primrose's POV
We both shut our eyes. I woke up with someone in my arms. I looked down. I saw Marionette.

"Hi mommy!"

"Hi sweetie. How'd you sleep?"

"Okay. Are you still sad?"

"Oh...he told you? I'm better now. Don't worry."

I heard crying. I got up and started walking. I ran down the stairs. Onyx was sitting on the couch. His head was in his hands.

"Baby? What's wrong?"

"This family...is continuing to drive me insane."

I sat down next to him.

"How do you mean?"

"Every goddamn day...I find out more shit, my mother hid me."

"Oh god. Is it a brother or a sister?"

"Surprisingly..neither."

He sniffled.

"Then...why are you crying?"

"T-this doesn't seem fair."

I started rubbing his back.

"That's because..it isn't fair."

He picked his head up.

"I'm so...lost."

"Hey, can I suggest something? I'm not sure, how you'd feel about this though."

"Y-you can say it. I-I really don't care."

"Have you thought about, going no contact?"

"How'd you know, that's what I was thinking about? Have I been saying it without knowing it?"

"I genuinely did not know."

"As pleasant as that sounds, I can't shake this feeling."

"Shake what feeling?"

"If I go no contact, wouldn't that make me selfish?"

"Hmm. I see your point."

"I-I don't think, I could live knowing, I robbed my daughter of a relationship with her grandmother."

"Hey, look at me."

He slowly looked at me.

"Baby we'll figure this shit out."

"I'm doing my best to, give her the childhood I was robbed of."

"I'm sure she'll understand whatever decision you make. It might not be right away but...I'm sure she will."

I wiped a tear away.

"I feel like...a horrible father."

"Why?"

He sniffled.

"I'm sitting on a couch contemplating on, removing my mother from my life. I'm contemplating taking my daughter's grandmother away from her. What kind of father does that?"

"One that thinks, he's doing the right thing for him and his family. Onyx, she's hurt you so many times. She's even tried to kill you. She failed to protect you. You can protect our daughter from having the pain that you have. You are not being selfish. You want, what's best for us. If no contact is what's best then..you should consider it."

"H-how would I even explain this to a 5 year old?"

"You know how. You've raised her on your own. You know how to say things in ways that, won't hurt her."

I cupped his face.

"Onyx don't let your mother hold you back from your life. You're not that 10 year old boy anymore. You finally have people around you that support toy. I'm not saying that you've never had any. I mean that..you finally have someone to support your choices. It doesn't matter if they're not blood related to you. You still have them. You've got me, my family, and your friends."

I wiped away more tears.

"Baby I see right through your fake smiles. I know when you're doing your best to...be strong. You don't need to do that 24/7. I've told you that...it's okay to feel things. Haven't I?"

He nodded. I kissed his forehead. I pressed our foreheads together.

"Don't let any negative people fuck your life up. I'm serious."

"I-I love you so fucking much Prim."

"I love you so fuckin much too Nyx. Go hug our daughter. She's upstairs in our room."

"I'm right here mommy!"

I looked behind Onyx and saw Marionette.

"Ah. Perfect timing. Your dad needs a hug. A really good one."

She ran in front of Onyx. She started hugging him. He broke down even more.

There's no way this is the only thing that's on his mind.