Chapter 55

Primrose's POV
I slowly walked to the dining room. Onyx and I sat down on at the table. A man around the same height as Onyx walked into the living room.

"So you're Primrose?"

I gulped as I nodded.

"I'm Matthew."

"H-hi."

"I'm gonna assume you're Onyx?"

"Yeah. That's me."

"I apologize for what my son caused."

My left leg started bouncing. Onyx put his hand on it, to make it stop.

"Hey it's okay."

"I-I can't do this."

I stood up. I went to walk away but, someone started holding my hand.

"I'm right here. I've got you. It's okay."

I sat back down. Onyx put one of his hands, on my thigh. I didn't talk much. At home, I didn't sleep well. In the morning, someone rang the doorbell. I went to the front door. I opened it. I saw a lady. She looked like she had been crying.

"Umm hello?"

"I-I'm Cecilia. Onyx's mom. I-is he here?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"I-I COMPLETELY fucked everything up!"

"Yeah. Ya have."

"Prim? Who's at the door?"

"Ummm. Your mother ."

"Oh ha ha. Very funny."

"N-no I-I'm serious."

He walked over to the front door. Cecilia saw him and started crying. She ran inside. She got on her knees.

"I am so sorry for everything! I-I should've told you everything! I-I should've treated you differently! He practically brainwashed me! I-I'm not the same person I was! I-I'm back to how I was before. I-I've been clean and sober for a a year! I-I left Mason! I knew deep down that...my behavior was wrong! I was in a constant battle with myself! I am so sorry! I-I swear I'll be a better mother!"

"How the hell do I know, I can trust you?"

"Please! One chance! J-just one more chance! I didn't want to lose you all! I-I noticed too late that...I did! I-if I could, I-I'd go back and change everything!"

His hands balled into fists.

"Onyx breathe."

His left eye started twitching.

"Nyx relax."

He didn't say anything to her. He just walked away. I heard him scream.

Onyx's POV
I ran into the bathroom in my room. I broke down into tears.

GODDAMNIT!

I started hyperventilating.

Give her a chance!

No!

Don't give her a chance!

She'll hurt you again!

No she won't!

Let her back in!

No!

DO NOT let her back in!

Shut up brain!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

I CANNOT THINK STRAIGHT!

My body started shaking. I started going through the medicine cabinet. I found my Xanax. I took one.

"Daddy?"

I can't win!

I felt someone pulling my shirt.

"Daddy?"

I looked down. I saw Marionette.

"Why are you crying?"

"G-get...Prim.."

My daughter ran away.

"ONYX?!"

I heard someone running. I walked to my bedroom door. Primrose ran up to me. She cupped my face.

"Nyxy...go lay down."

She helped me get to our bed. We both laid down. She started holding me.

"You're okay. You're okay."

She started scratching my head. After a while, my eyes got heavy.