Chapter 44

Primrose's POV
"Really?"

"Yes. I'm not even ready for whatever, my family is putting me through. I'll go with you. Tyla can watch MJ."

"No. She'd have to come with us. Elise is probably going to be there."

"Mommy I have an idea!"

"What is it?"

"Say "Hi!" and then leave!"

"That's not bad."

"I-I'm just gonna lie and say I'm sick or something."

I typed it out then, sent the text. I went back to my room. I heard little footsteps behind me.

"PRIMY WAIT FOR ME!"

I stopped. I looked over my shoulder. Marionette was running up to me. She grabbed my hand. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back. We walked to her room. We sat down on her bed. She brought over some toys for us to play with.

The next day...my mom showed up at my house. I woke up with, her screaming in my face.

"WHY DID YOU BAIL LAST NIGHT?!"

"Mom I told you! I'm sick!"

"BULLSHIT!"

My mom did something I swore she'd never do, she slapped me. Tears started escaping my eyes.

"Mommy!"

Marionette ran over to me. I saw Onyx standing in the doorway.

"Get outta my house."

She slapped Onyx.

"What happened to you Katrine?"

She pushed Onyx out of the way. I watched my mother, stomp out of my house. Onyx ran up to me.

"Are you okay?"

"I-I did something bad?"

"No no. Baby no. You didn't. You're just not ready for this."

"Did I just lose my mom?"

He didn't answer me.

"Onyx?"

"You want me to be honest?"

"Yes."

"I sadly think you did."

"Don't worry Primy! We're still here!"

Onyx cupped my face.

"It's like I said. I'm gonna help you get through this."

He kissed me.

"Forget about her."

Onyx started running his fingers through my hair.

"Baby I'm serious. Forget about her. I understand she's your mom..trust me. I-I do. She's clearly not herself right now."

He kissed me again.

"You've got me and Mari by your side. You're gonna be okay."

"I feel...broken.."

He didn't say anything. All he did was, press our foreheads together. He stood there. He let me cry. Both him and Marionette were rubbing my back.

"This isn't fair!"

"Shhh. I know. I understand. It's okay."

He sat down next to me. Shorty after that, I calmed down. I saw Marionette was the only one, in the room with me.

"Hi! Daddy's on the phone with someone."

"Oh no. With who?"

She shrugged. I got up. I started walking around the house.

"Nyx? Baby? Where'd you go?"

I saw him in the kitchen. He was still on the phone. He seemed pissed.

"I REFUSE to accept that bastard as a father." He said through his teeth.

I walked up to him. I moved his hand away from his face. I hung up the phone. I put it down on the counter.

"They got married. My mother married that fucking shmuck. He's part of my goddamn family now!"

He started to get upset. I saw a tear fall down his face.

"I'm fucked. I'm going to lose her."

"Lose who?"

"My babygirl!"

"Marionette? Why would you lose her?"

"Mason's part of the family now. He could fuckin accuse me for, things I've never done."

"What makes you think, he'll do that?"

"He loves seeing me in pain. He knows how I get when it comes to her."

"Nyxy...you won't lose her."

He screamed. He fell to his knees.

"I can't lose her!"

"We're not going to lose her."

"Daddy? What's wrong?"

"Your father just found out some news. It upset him. He'll be okay."

Marionette started hugging him. He stopped sleeping after that.