Chapter 59

Primrose's POV
Onyx threw my phone onto the couch.

"I'm sorry. He won't listen. H-he even said he's going to get Marionette taken away!"

"What?!"

"Chris went to school with him! He knows about me! H-he knows about Marionette!"

He sat down on the floor. He started hugging Marionette while he cried.

"I-I love you so much princess! Y-you know, l'll fight anyone to keep you safe!"

"Daddy? Am I leaving?"

"No no. A meanie said that."

"Onyx call Chris."

He listened to me. When Christopher showed up, Onyx got on his knees.

"Please don't let her get taken away! Please! I love her more than my life! Dad you gotta help me!" He said as his voice cracked.

"I'm doing the best I can! I-I have two jobs! I-I'll get some more! I-I'm trying to get my GED! I'm trying to do my best! I-it's bad enough, I feel like a failure!"

"Onyx relax. It'll be okay."

"How do you know?!"

Onyx stopped sleeping again.

"Nyx you're being stupid. You need sleep."

"Y-you don't understand! I-if I sleep, she won't be here in the morning!"

"Baby you don't know that."

"She's the reason, I'm fuckin alive! She's one of the only things, I'm proud of! Who knows if, they'll take Roxana away too!"

"You're seriously overthinking this."

I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I shouldn't have told you to, give me your phone!"

"Baby stop. If it makes you feel better, have her sleep in our room with us. You can hold her as tight as, you can."

After I said that, he brought her into our room.

"Daddy? Why am I in here?"

"You're too young to know. What I'm feeling right now, is something that I hope you'll never know."

He cried himself to sleep and held her so tight.

I've never seen him this broken.

I've probably thought that a lot but...

This is horrible.

I couldn't help but, watch them sleep. I ran my fingers through his hair again.

He's seriously starting to scare me.

I know how his head works.

I know what his emotions, can do to him.

I managed to, get his wrists in front of me. I grabbed my phone. I turned on the flashlight. I saw cuts.

Oh god.

Baby..

"Can you turn that off?"

I turned the flashlight off. I put my phone down

"You're cutting again?"

"I-I'm sorry Rose."

"Why did you start again? You were a year clean."

"I-I honestly don't know. I-I completely blacked out. I-I didn't notice I did it right away. Please don't be mad at me."

"Honey I'm not. You're just starting to scare me."

"I-I know. Please don't send me back to the hospital. T-they don't help me."

"Nyx..how I can, trust that, you won't do this again?"

"I-I don't know. I-I'm scared to lose her."

"You're in your head way too much."

"P-please pull me outta it!"