Chapter 15

Onyx's POV
I got suspended for a week because I beat up some kid. He deserved it. He said that Marionette should've been aborted. I went off. All I saw was red. I started punching him. I broke his nose. Primrose suggested I start boxing to release some of my anger. I ended up listening to her. I started online school since, I felt it was better for me. We got our own place at the start of our last high school year. I snuck out every night to look. When I climbed back into the house using the window, the light turned on.

"Really? Seriously? Nyxy you don't have to sneak out. Just tell me where you're going next time."

I cried myself to sleep that night. In the morning I stayed in bed all day. Primrose sat next to me and watched tv. I put my head on her leg. Her fingers went through my hair.

"I miss her so much. I feel like I failed."

"Baby you didn't."

"It's been months!"

In the middle of my breakdown, my phone rang. I answered it. When I heard what it was about, tears escaped my eyes. I hung up the phone and started hugging Primrose.

"What's wrong? Please don't tell me that was a call from the morgue."

"No. It wasn't. They found her. They found her!"

"Thank god!"

We got ready quickly. We ran out of the house and jumped into my car. I brought us to the police station. I quickly parked then we got out. We ran in. We went up to a desk.

"Hi. I got a call about my daughter being here."

"What's her name?"

I opened my mouth to respond but I heard a tiny voice.

"DADDY!"

I turned around and saw my daughter running up to me. I crouched down and held my arms out. She ran into them.

"You're okay! I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about her. She's a bad person so, I thought you'd be safer not knowing. Please don't be mad."

"I'm not! She's mean!"

"Did she hurt you?"

"No. She screamed a lot."

"Did you do anything?"

"I kept crying."

I picked her up.

"Hi mommy!"

Holy shit!

"Hey Mari!"

She sees Prim as her mom?!

"Are you dating now?"

"Yes princess. We are."

"Yay!"

We thanked everyone then went home.

"This isn't Aunt Tyty's house."

"I know. This is our house."

I put her down when we got inside. She started running all over the house. We followed her. She found her room and jumped onto the bed. During dinner, Marionette said something that shocked us.

"I want a sibling!"

I practically choked on my food. I started coughing.

"What made you want that?"

She shrugged.

"W-we'll see about that."

I've never done that with Rosie.

We haven't even kissed yet.

I haven't told her that I love her.

I watched Marionette sleep that night.