Chapter 6

Onyx's POV
"Bro you should really tell your sister to lay off. She's been here for not even a year."

"Since when do you care?"

"I don't."

"Then why are you telling me to have my sister stand down?"

"Never mind."

The new girl looks so...

So broken..

"You're not actually thinking about talking to her are you?"

I shook my head.

"No. I just zoned out."

"You've been doing that a lot lately."

I noticed that girl went to the football games. She just sat with a little girl.

She looks like she could be MJ's age.

"Yo! Jericho! Your daughter's running away!"

"Huh?!"

I looked around and saw Marionette running across the field. I caught up to her and picked her up.

"Now what are you doing young lady?"

She started laughing.

"Don't you know that you can't run off like that?"

I brought her back to my siblings. I handed her to my sister. I ran back to where I was originally. At the end of the year, I noticed that girl still had no friends. My home life still sucked. In the middle of the night I heard screaming I jumped up out of bed and ran out of my room. I saw my mom and Mason fighting in my mom's room. Mason was drunk and my mom was sober.

I ran over to them.

"KNOCK IT OFF! IT'S 1 AM! PEOPLE ARE TRYNA SLEEP!"

I pushed Mason down onto the bed.

"Why are you still with him?! He's hurting us! Why don't you care?!"

"I love him."

"And you don't love me?! You don't love your kids?! You don't love your granddaughter?!"

"I do. I just love Mason more than you."

"Are you fucking serious?! What would dad say if he saw how you're treating us?!"

"Who cares? He's six feet under."

"Don't you hear yourself?! Did you hear what you just said about your husband?!"

"Yeah. I do."

"Mom what happened to you?! Did we do something we don't know?!"

"Yeah. It's called "Living""

"What?! Wh-ho-wha-why?!"

"You're alive and he ISN'T!"

"If you're THAT pissed then, so something about it! Kill me! Ty will get custody of Alex and Mari! Grab and knife! Stab me again! Twist the knife! I've already been betrayed by you!"

My mom looked at her hands. She was shaking.

"That might be your conscience. You said that you'd be there for us! But, you've done the opposite! You're letting us get hurt! Do you want me to list the amount of times I've almost died?!"

She shook her head.

"Well I think I do. 1! I was protecting YOU! He was charging at you with a knife, I jumped in front of it! My arm got sliced! 2! My ex stabbed me! 3! Once again I was protecting someone! I was protecting my sister! I was the one who took the gun outta his hands! Remember that?! He shot the wall instead of Tyla! 4, 5, 6,7, and 8! I've fucking taken every cut instead of my daughter getting them! He slit my wrists! He's jammed a knife in my back and dragged it down my body! I needed 100 stitches! And 10! You stabbed me! YOU! You chose him over me! Take a step back and see what you've accomplished! Are you proud?!"

"Go to your room."

"Really?! That's all you have to say?!"

She pointed to the door.

"Get the fuck out!" She said through her teeth.

I started walking away.

"Daddy? Why did you yell?"

I looked down and saw Marionette.

"Me and your grandmother had a fight. Go get some rest. I'll take you to the park in the morning."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Go back to bed."