Chapter 12

Onyx's POV
Damn.

She's never laid like that with anyone.

Does she really see her as a mother figure?

After a few minutes Marionette had fallen asleep.

"How have you guys been?"

"Scared. How bad was it?"

She pulled down her hospital gown a bit. A see through bandage was covering it so, I was able to see how bad it was. It went from the top of her chest and down 4 inches.

"Shit. I didn't know it was that bad. No wonder there was so much blood."

"My pain meds are kicking in so it doesn't hurt as much now. How's school going for the both of you?"

"Okay. I'm doing better in art."

"Really El?"

"Yeah."

"What about you Nyx? Did you find a way to get suspended yet?"

"Actually no. I didn't get in trouble for the fight since it was self defense on my part. Casey got suspended and arrested."

"Damn. Two birds and one stone?"

"Yeah. They got him for the assault on me and the attempted murder on you."

"Attempted murder? Huh? Shouldn't he have 2 counts of assault?"

"I thought the same thing."

She was in the hospital for about two weeks. I went to the hospital every day after school. I was helping her catch up with school.

"I've been meaning to ask you this. MJ mentioned you liking me more than her mom. Is that true?"

My face started to heat up.

"Yeah. I-it is."

"When I'm better and off these pain meds, how about we go out and do something? We've only hung out with the kids."

"Like a date?"

"Yeah."

"Damn. I don't remember the last time I did that."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

She yawned.

"I can come back later."

"No it's fine."

Her eyes started fluttering. I stood her up and started walking. I caught her before she fell. I scooped her up and brought her up to her room. I put her on her bed then put the blanket on her. Then I found the teddy bear I gave her. I put it in her arms. I moved her hair out of her face. I found myself kissing her forehead. I went to walk away but she grabbed my hand.

"Don't go yet." She complained.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Alright?"

"Fine."

She let go of me and I walked away. I heard her mumble something but I couldn't tell what it was. The next day at school I was still pissed at Casey. During gym the had us go around the football field in the back of the school. I'd normally stay in the back with my friends. We'd walk and talk. But these past few days I've been running.

I wonder what she mumbled.

Was it something important?

I wonder if I'll be able to do anything with her despite what Casey did.

I felt my body falling and saw someone tripped me. When I fell down I saw who did it. My friend Keith was the one who tripped me.

"What the hell was that for?!"

"You good?"

"Nope. Not really. Still pissed."

"Bro you gotta let it go."

"You don't understand."

"Why are you so protective of her?"

"I hate when my friends get hurt."

"That's not the only reason."

He gasped.

"Do you have a thing for her?"

"Possibly."

After school I picked up my brother then brought him to my sister's house and dropped him off. I went back to Primrose's house after that. When I got the the front door Katherine had a sad look at her face.

"What happened?"

"My sister died last week. Nobody told me until now."

"O-oh god. I-I am so sorry. Do you need anything?"

"Frank is on his way home. He's getting Ellie at her friend's house. Some family is here. Keep an eye on Prim. She hasn't come out of her room all day."

"STOP!"

I heard that and started running.

"PRIM?!"

"NYX?!"