Chapter 49

Primrose's POV
I found myself driving to my mom's house. I parked then walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell. She opened it.

"I hope you're happy."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Your plan worked. Alister got me to leave Onyx."

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"What?!"

"He kissed Onyx right in front of me. Onyx was fighting him but...it still hurts."

"I-I didn't mean for that to happen! I-I just asked him to talk to you!"

"I have nowhere else to go. I hope you're happy with yourself. I hope this was all worth it."

"Sweetie I didn't mean for this to happen! You love Onyx! He loves you! Why did you leave?!"

"It felt like cheating."

"But it's not!"

"Then why does it feel like it is?"

"Primrose listen to yourself!"

"I'll be at dad's or something. Don't come looking for me. It won't work."

I turned around. I saw Alister running up to me.

"Primrose I'm so sorry! I-I was only trying to piss him off!"

"Well..you did that and more. I hate you."

I ran back to my car. I drove to my dad's. He was shocked to see me.

"Mom ruined everything for me. She had Alister show up. I left."

"Rose what the hell did you do?!"

I told him. He showed me a room I could use. I locked myself in there. I started crying again.

How'd I do go from hugging my favorite people in the world to...leaving them?

                             Onyx's POV
I had Tyla watch Marionette. I went to Franklin's house first. I had a feeling she'd be there. I ran up to the door.

Please be here!

Please be here!

I saw Franklin open the door.

"Please fuckin tell me she's here!"

"She is. She believes you. This just hurt her. She doesn't know how to deal with it. She's in the second room on the left."

I ran up the stairs. I followed the crying. I knocked on the door.

"Primrose? I-it's me. Can you open the door?"

She didn't answer me. I picked the lock. I opened the door. I saw her curled up into a ball. I ran up to the bed.

"Baby listen..I didn't cheat!"

She covered her face with a pillow.

"Rosie come on! You know me! I'd never do something like that!"

I heard her sniffle.

"Go away."

"No. I'm not leaving without you. Tyla has Mari. She can watch her for a few days. Primy please..don't do this. I have your ring. Please put it back on."

She didn't answer. After she cried herself to sleep, I laid down next to her on the bed. I started holding her.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I opened the door. I let him into our home."

She burrowed her face into my chest.

What the fuck do I do?

Jesus Christ...

Why is this world out to get me?!

I couldn't sleep. All I did was watch her.