Chapter 20

Onyx's POV
"If you're not, you'll tell me right?"

"Yes. Can you call someone for me? I want my daughter."

"Baby I've been trying to let the doctors let her in. Nobody will."

"Rosie please. I gotta let my little girl know I'm okay."

"I will see what I can do."

She kissed my forehead then got up. I yawned. Primrose walked back into the room after 5 minutes.

"You look exhausted Nyxy. Get some sleep."

"What did they say about MJ?"

"They won't let her come."

"Who won't? Your parents?"

"No. Not them. The hospital. They said that if you feel better, you can go home in a few days or so. You can see her then."

I put my hand on Primrose's stomach. I couldn't help but smile.

"I take it you're happy."

"Yes. Very. Seeing you with Mari, made me want another one. Just with you. I-I'm grateful for you. I've always wanted a mother figure in MJ's life. I thought she'd never have one. Then..well then you came along."

"Aw Nyx. You mean that?"

"Yeah. I never thought I'd have someone stand by her. You don't care that she's not biologically yours. You just love her."

She smiled.

"I'm glad then."

Then..someone unexpected and unwanted walked in. That person was my dad. I didn't look at him.

"Oh no. No no no. Get out."

"Tyla's boyfriend did this?"

"I don't want to see you. Last time I did, you fucked me up."

"Listen. Onyx that wasn't all because of you. I couldn't find a way to tell you guys this but, your mom and I were in the middle of a divorce."

"So you thought faking your death was the best idea?"

"Yes. I regretted ever since."

"Then, why didn't you come back?"

"I didn't think you'd want to see me."

"Maybe if I was younger yes. Now? I'm not sure what I want. I'm so pissed and upset at you. How am I supposed to tell your granddaughter? "Oh princess remember when I told you, your grandfather's dead? Well it turns out, daddy's family chased him away. He's actually alive." Is that what you want me to tell a 5 year old?"

"If I knew about her, I definitely would've come back."

I exhaled.

"Look, you need to figure out a way to fix this. How'd you even find out I was here?"

"My wife told me. Do you want to meet her?"

I sat up.

"Really? I just got shot and you want me to meet part of your other family?"

"Onyx relax. Don't stress yourself out."

"Please go away. This is too much for me right now."

I couldn't sleep that night. When I got discharged, the first thing I did was go see my daughter. I walked up to Primrose's parents front door. I rang the doorbell. Elise opened the door.

"Onyx!"

"Hey."

I walked inside.

"H-how do you feel?"

"You want me to be honest? Like absolute crap."

"MJ's napping. She's in Rose's old room."

"Thanks."

I walked upstairs. I didn't knock on the door. I just opened it and walked in. I went up to the bed.

"Princess? I'm back."

I kissed her forehead.

"Mari?"

It took a few seconds for her to wake up. When she did, her face lit up.

"Daddy!"

She stood up on the bed. She started hugging me.

"Hey!"

"I missed you!"

"I missed you too sweetie. Have you been good to Prim's family?"

"Yes!"

"Good. I'm glad. Ready to go home?"

She nodded. I got her things together. I thanked Primrose's family, then went to the car. Primrose started driving. When we got home the first thing I did was shower. When that was done I sat on the couch, so I could spend time with my girls.

Marionette crawled onto my lap. She curled up into a ball.

"Damn. I think she missed you, more than you missed her."

Primrose put her head on my shoulder.

"I'm glad you're okay. You really scared me."

"I know. I'm so sorry."