|-| S3 Ch1 |-|

Fubuki raced up to Shu. It had been almost two years since he had returned to Japan with Valt, the new champion. Of course, about half a year in, Valt had to return to BC Sol, so Shu hadn't seen him much. 

"Hey, Shu! Are you up for a battle? I've been training really hard and think I can do it this time!" he exclaimed. Shu glanced at Fubuki wearily for a moment before nodding. 

"Yeah, sure." 

Fubuki noticed the sad tone in his voice. "Hey, what's the matter?" 

Shu just shrugged. "Oh, I'm just thinking about an old friend of mine. Y/N L/N." 

Fubuki tilted his head. "Wait, didn't she die in an accident almost eight years ago?" 

Shu avoided the question and made his way over to the nearest Bey stadium. 

"Alright, Fubuki. Get ready." 

Fubuki hesitated, but made his way over to the stadium on the other side of Shu. 

"3! 

2!

1!

Let it rip!" they both chorused, releasing their Beys into the stadium. 

Distracted, Shu messed up his launch. Spryzen's spin was weaker than normal, and it slowed to a stop almost instantaneously. 

"I guess you earned a point," Shu mumbled, rubbing his head. Fubuki sighed. 

The second battle, Shu won with a burst finish. Fubuki frowned as Shu congratulated him on earning a point in the first match. 

"Yeah, but does that point really count?" he asked himself as he watched Shu jog away into the distance.