|-| S1 Ch5 |-|

Flashback - Five Years Ago

As Y/N lay down on her bed, she looked up at the ceiling where her parents had painted stars for her. She smiled widely, peacefully drifting off to sleep. 

.

.

.

Y/N was awakened by a glowing amber light illuminating her room, smoke filling the area quickly. Coughing, Y/N stood up and tried to go through the door, but it was stuck. 

"Mommy! Daddy!" she called out, but there was no response. Suddenly, Y/N passed out. 

.

.

.

"Little girl, wake up," stated somebody as they shook her gently. Y/N blinked open her eyes, glancing up to see a man with tri-colored hair. He was smirking. 

"Who are you? And where are mommy and daddy?" Y/N asked, coughing. The man smirked even wider. "And where's Shu?" 

"I am Theodore Glass, but you may call me Ashtem. I don't know who Shu is, but I helped you escape the fire and took you to a place called the Snake Pit in Mexico, and your parents are all right. Or at least, they will be, if you do everything I say." 

He glanced at the small girl expectantly, holding out his hand. 

Hesitating only for a second, Y/N took it. Ashtem nodded and led the girl to a small room where there were two pedestals. One had a F/C Beyblade, the other had a mask with E/C eye holes. 

"Take them," Ashtem said, "and join the ranks of the Snake Pit." 

Y/N walked up to the mask first, slowly placing it on her face. She then made her way over to the Beyblade. Her hand hovered over it as she hesitated. 

"Take it!" Ashtem said harshly. Y/N quickly snatched up the Beyblade. A F/C aura surrounded her, and she wasn't quite sure she liked the feeling. She dropped the Bey. 

Ashtem placed a mask of his own over his head. "Welcome to the Snake Pit, E/C-Eye. I believe you will be of great use to us here."