|-| S1 Ch8 |-|

Valt raced along the shore of the beach, doing his 'special training' to boost his 'fundamentals'. The beach had looked abandoned, but he glanced at the shore to see a girl laying in the water. She suddenly stood up and made her way over to a backpack. Slipping on a pair of shoes, she reaching into the bag. 

Valt squinted, knowing that he had seen her before, before realizing who the girl was. 

"YN! You're alive?" Valt exclaimed as she noticed him. She raced away from the beach, clearly panicked. 

Racing over to Shu's apartment, he knocked on the door frantically. He opened it and smiled softly. 

"Oh, hey Valt. How are you doing?" 

Valt started running around in circles. "Shu! Shu! I just saw Y/N at the beach! She's alive!" 

Shu looked at Valt seriously. "Valt, this had better not be a joke." 

Shaking his head, Valt grabbed Shu's arm and dragged him to the place where he had seen Y/N. Sure enough, there were footprints leading away from where she was laying in the water. 

"Valt, why did you bring me here?" Shu asked, tilting his head. Valt pointed at the footprints, making Shu shake his head. "We have no way to know those are her footprints. Y/N died five years ago. Are you sure you didn't just see somebody that looked like her?" 

Jumping up and down, Valt responded, "No, I know it was her! I'm going to go tell Xander!" 

Shu shook his head. "That's not a good idea. I wouldn't get his hopes up." 

It was too late. Valt had already raced off in the direction of the dojo. 

"What am I going to do with you, Valt?" Shu asked himself as he walked back to his apartment.