|-| S2 Ch5 |-|

A few weeks after that incident with Ashtem, Shu had become more quiet and tried to keep to himself more often. Y/N, of course, noticed this but didn't say anything. She just kept on doing her job. 

Shu eventually got word that Valt and Rantaro had joined BC Sol, and that Xander had been accepted into SB Rios. Later, he heard that Daigo had gotten a team as well, and Wakiya had started one of his own, Sunbat United. He was happy that they got into teams, as he knew they all wanted to ever since Ken joined The Beasts. 

One day, he entered the training room, where many of the younger bladers were practicing at battling. 

Y/N, of course, was helping them, collecting data on their launches and helping them boost their Bey's speed, stamina, etc. 

Shu noticed that for the first time, she had a genuine smile plastered on her face. She looked as if she enjoyed helping the bladers reach their full potential. 

Of course, that got Shu thinking. If Y/N could be happy in a place like this, why couldn't he? He decided to make the most out of his time with the Raging Bulls. 

He took a step into the training room. 

"Hey, Y/N, can I talk to you for a mi-" 

"Shu Kurenai!" Theodore Glass stated, stepping into the room as well. "I need to speak to you in my office about your upcoming match." 

Shu was about to say something, but he thought better of it and followed Ashtem. 

When they reached the office, Ashtem spoke up. "I've noticed you are becoming a little distant lately. Sad, even." 

Shu bit his lip, nodding slowly, as Ashtem smirked. 

"Well then, I think that it's time for you to follow me." 

He grabbed Shu's wrist and led him to a small plane. Shu had no idea where they were going, but they eventually landed in the middle of the jungle. Shu was blindfolded and eventually brought to a different room, his blindfold removed. 

As he blinked, adjusting to the light, he noticed that there was a small hole in the floor. Out of it came a pedestal, and it contained a mask. 

Ashtem smirked. 

"Put on the mask," he started, "and join the ranks of the Snake Pit." 

Shu hesitated for a few seconds, but grabbed the mask and put it on, making Ashtem smirk. 

"Welcome to the Snake Pit, Red Eye."