|-| S1 Ch3 |-|

After Shu explained to Valt what 'refrain' means, Valt quickly apologized. But then, he got an idea. He thought it was great, but everybody else, not so much. 

"Hey, why don't you join the Bey Club, E/C-Eye? You're super strong!" 

E/C-Eye shook her head, glancing at B/N, who was resting in her hands. 

"You're a person of few words, huh?" Shu asked. She shook her head. 

"No, I only speak to people who I deem worthy of hearing me speak." 

Shu raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms. E/C-Eye turned to the door of the rooftop without another word, not phased whatsoever by Valt's loud protest. 

"Wait... HEY, TAKE THAT BACK!" 

Shu thought that he heard E/C-Eye chuckle as she stepped through the door, beginning to descend the steps back into the school building. 

Shaking it off, the Spryzen blader picked up Valtriek, who had fallen out of Valt's pocket. 

"Hey, up for a battle, Valt?" he asked the blue porcupine, who eagerly accepted. 

"Me? Battle Shu? Is this a dream or what?" 

Shu laughed, taking his position at one side of the stadium. 

.

.

.

"E/C, wait up!" Valt exclaimed as the girl walked out from her apartment the next morning, on her way to school. 

She groaned, raising an eyebrow. Not that Valt could see it under her mask, though. "E/C? I thought I told you to call me E/C-Eye." 

Valt shrugged. "Yeah, but that's so long! I thought I would give you a nickname." 

E/C-Eye shook her head, hopping onto her F/C bike and riding to school. Valt was running frantically behind her, but alas, he could not catch up. 

"E/C! Come on!" 

His desperate yells faded off into the distance as E/C-Eye rode farther and farther ahead of him.