|-| S1 Ch1 |-|

Shu sat at his desk, fidgeting with his pencil. It's been five years since he lost his best friend in kindergarten, Y/N L/N. He glanced up at the front of the room as the teacher called out everybody's name. 

"Valt Aoi?" 

"Here!" came a cheerful response a few desks away from where the albino was sitting. The teacher nodded and proceeded to call out names. Finally, he reached... 

"Shu Kurenai?" 

Shu continued to play with his pencil until he realized the teacher was right in front of him. 

"Shu Kurenai?" the teacher repeated. Shu glanced up. 

"Here." 

The teacher nodded and went back to the front of the room, stashing his clipboard on his desk before opening the door. A girl walked in. 

She had H/C hair that seemed to reflect the sun perfectly. She walked up to the front of the room and grunted before walking towards one of the desks. 

Shu glanced at her, trying to see her face, but it was obscured by an E/C-eyed mask. 

"Hello," he stated, trying to catch her attention. She glanced at him, staring into his crimson eyes. Something about Shu seemed to startle her, as she averted eye contact and sat down in the desk beside him. 

"I'm Shu Kurenai, what's your name?" the albino asked as he tilted his head in confusion. The H/C-haired girl just shrugged. 

"You can call me E/C-Eye." 

Shu shrugged. "Well, I tried." 

As the lesson continued on, Shu kept finding himself glancing at the new girl. There was something familiar about her. Something that he felt like he should know, but didn't. 

Shu, tired of wondering about her, decided to look at something else. His gaze averted to Valt, who was, of course, drawing Valtriek in his notebook. The teacher approached his desk and confiscated his drawing. 

Shu sighed and waited for the bell to ring. When it eventually did, he made his way up to the rooftop and started to launch Spryzen. 

Something about E/C-Eye bothered him. She seemed so familiar, yet he had never seen her before in his life. 

His attention was diverted from his train of thought as he noticed a F/C Bey being launched into the stadium along with his red one.