~*Chapter 2: Liam*~

*Senior year of high school *

The moment he walked into the principal's office the air turned cold. If the look that he shot me was indication of how pissed he was. I was in for a good old lecture. He always started out with. "What you need is ROTC" or maybe I should just send you arse to military school, make something out of the worthless piece of shit you are." I'd love to tell him to not pull that drill instructor shit on me, but he'd probably knock the shit out of me and I'd end up in military school anyways.

My father joined the military straight out of high school. He wanted nothing more than to get away from his father's ranch that's on the out skirts on of London. I'm pretty sure when he dies he'll still be in the army.He's good at what he does. If he'd only leave it at the front door when he got home. He worked long hours and was often in a piss-poor mood. I looked up as I heard the door open to Mr.Carr's office. My father stepped out dressed in his campaign cover in his hand. Shit, he looked even more pissed than when he first walked in.

"Mr. Payne, if Liam gets in one more fight, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to suspend him from the football team. That's the last thing we wanna do. We need you Liam, to win state ." Mr. Carr said as he shook my father's hand and winked at me. My father replied with a "humph" and turned to walk away.

My father hates the idea of me playing football. My grandfather and mother practically had to beg him to let me play when I was seven. Once I stepped onto the pitch I knew I found where I belonged. Footie's all I have. I care more about football than I do boys... or the army.

I stood up to leave and shook Mr. Carr's hand before I turned to follow my father out the door. I knew he'd remain silent until we got to his car.

Shit! I don't why hit Calum Hood. Ok, well I do know why. I saw the fooker behind the school push his girlfriend up against a wall, and it looked like he was about to hit her. No fooking way was I gonna let some douchebag arsehole hit a girl.

So, I got involved.

There's no use in trying to explain to him. He wouldn't understand. Even if he did, he'd still be pissed. It was the third fight I'd been in since school started two months ago. This latest fight was the last straw, with Mr. Carr saying I might get cut from them team.

Get cut from the team? Football's all I had. I had to get my shit together and get my head on straight. It was the first time in my life I ever felt accepted and needed... the feeling was fooking great. The only place I felt needed was at my Gramp's ranch.

Ever since my father got transferred when I was just entering eighth grade, I'd come to depend on football as my escape from my drill instructor father. That man lives to tell me I need to focus on my grades and go into the Army like he did. There's no way in hell I was going in the Army.

My plan was to take the football scholarship I was offered at the University of Dublin and then get back to my grandfather's ranch. Some of my best childhood memories are from his ranch. Man I love that place. I could practically smell my Gram's cooking now.

I told my grandfather that my dream was football and to get into architecture engineering. He's of course, one hundred percent supportive, which I think pisses my dad off even more.

The minute the car door closes I knew shit was about hit the fan.

"What the fook do you think you're doing getting into another fight, Liam? Your mother's gonna be devastated by this!"

"Sure, bring mum into it you arsehole." I shot back at him, a little too pissed off. I was mad that he was trying to bring my mum into this and guilt me yet again.